Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amirna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
    PVC or metal conduit for CCTV for parking and outdoor installation?
    HI
    I'm installing a 16 CCTV system, and I'm using PVC conduit CSA approved. My customer is concerned about the strength of PVC vs metal conduit, any input? Appreciate your thoughts
    Moe
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Pvc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PVC or Metal conduit into a subpanel? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing a 200 amp subpanel in my barn, and am using 2" PVC conduit (buried) from the house. As I was going into the barn, I got to thinking that perhaps metal should be used above ground (in the wall feeding the panel). I would prefer to use the 2" PVC, all the way, but was...

3 wire plus metal conduit as a ground for a range [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new range. I have a three wires coming out of a metal conduit which is properly connected to a 60 amp breaker. I have a three wire cord and a grounded surface mounted outlet. I assume that the ground will connect through the metal conduit. THis will ground the outlet. How do I...

Can I Use Galvanized Metal Conduit as the ground for a sub panel in same building? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old 60 AMP circuit to a stove/oven receptacle. The home run from the main panel to the stove receptacle is in a 3/4" Galvanized Metal Conduit pipe containing 2, #6 and 1, #4 wires and NO GROUND wire. The new stove/oven requires only a 40 Amp breaker (not sure of the potential maximum Amp...

What size metal conduit should I use? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cable 1.1 Inches in diameter. The National Electric Code says that a metal conduit cannot be filled more than 60%. It must have 40% of its space free. What size conduit should I use?

View more questions Search