Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brimarown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 08:33 PM
    On BC 2 months missed period.
    I have been on the pill for about 6 months or so... I have missed 2 periods but ALSO have missed taking some pills and doubled some days also.. so I know it wasn't fully affective...

My question is... I have taken HPT's and they are negative... is it possible to be pregnany? I have a 17 month old daughter already and would be excited if I were... I'm just confused about the tests

Thanks In Advance!! :)
    chasesmommy Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brimarown
    I have been on the pill for about 6 months or so... i have missed 2 periods but ALSO have missed taking some pills and doubled some days also.. so i know it wasnt fully affective...

My question is... i have taken HPT's and they are negative... is it possible to be pregnany? I have a 17 month old daughter already and would be excited if I were... im just confused about the tests

Thanks In Advance!!!:)
    My doctor once told me if I miss a pill 1 day to double up the next, if I miss it 2 or more days in a row, say a prayer. So, 1st question being how many days in a row did you miss? Also, do you take it properly? I know a girl who would take it 1 day at 10am, the next day at 10pm, the next day somewhere in the middle. Not going to work that way.

Now, I've also heard you'll never get a false positive for HPTs but obviously you may get false negatives. The ones that you took, how easy to read were they? I know a couple girls who took the ones where a line either appears or doesn't & they had trouble determining the result. I say if you've used only those forms, get the digital. I used that when I was pregnant & it was so easy. It either says the word PREGNANT or the words NOT PREGNANT.

I guess bottom line being that no matter what the result of the HPTs are, call your doctor. They can also do a blood test to determine & if you're really not pregnant yet you're not getting your period you want to get checked out. It could be something with the pill that's causing it but better safe then sorry. Missing periods when you're not pregnant isn't completely normal though it may happen to some women. The body is a crazy thing. But you really should get to the doctor to make sure everything is OK.

Good luck!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Any time you miss taking your pills, (and even when you don't miss) there is a chance of pregnany. That is why they usually suggest using a condom if you have missed a pill, even if you double up. However, it sounds as though pregnancy is something that you want to achieve at this time. SO, it could be that its simply your body missing a few periods, or it could be pregnancy, or a few other things. I would definitely get a blood test done(esp if you are still using your bc) to determine if you are preggy or not.(not too much more expensive then hpts, and more accurate) Also, a doctors appointment would be a good idea, as you can get an exam to look for other defining factors of pregnancy(such as enlarged uterus and blueish purple tinting.) Anytime you miss several periods in a row, it is a good idea to consult your doctor. Good luck and best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 months missed period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am 18, in college, and I have not gotten my period ever since November 21. When it came on in November, it stayed on for that one day (Nov. 21) and didn't come back on. I took a pregnancy test when I missed it in December but it was negative. It's late this month also, what can I do?...

Missed period [ 1 Answers ]

I've had 2 miscarriages in the past year, I am A- but didn't know it, I'm back to normal alrevady had a period now Im 3 days late but my pregnant. Test is negative what do I do I had my rogam shot after my 2nd miscarriage

Missed Period for 2 months but tests are NEGATIVE [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Iam 22 and Iam really nervouse and scared.. Iam married but me and my husband began to use condoms instead of any birth control pill or patches. Before I got married and began to use the Ortha Evora Patches I sometimes had irregular periods( I wouldn't get it for weeks or even a few...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since January 6, it is now February26. I've taken 4 epts and they have come out negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and yet test negative? How long should I wait before I see my np? I've had a child already, so I'm a bit confused. I have had some cramping similar to...

Missed period?! [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since the 1st week in April and the only thing I can think of as to why is that I started taking singulair in between April & may for asthma- could this be true? And also I have never gone all the way but my boyfriend and I do masturbate each other- there wouldn't be any...

View more questions Search