Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questiontime777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Green/Blue Eyes With Golden Ring
    I have green/bluey eyes with the golden like ring around the pupil. When I'm tired or sick my eyes just go muddy green (my mum used this to tell when I was sick) normally their green with the golden bit, when I'm happy or scared they go bright green with a bright golden bit and several people have said on occasions they my eyes have gone a blue colour, I have seen this as well when they turned dark blue. I have neither my mums green eyes or my dads blue and no one in my family has eyes like mine. I believe that I have this oddly weird mixture of mums and dads eyes, I asked my science teacher about it but she didn't give me a straight answer. I am very curious to know what colour my eyes ARE because I get told their green, hazel, grey and blue. Can anyone help?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 21, 2011, 01:18 PM
    A picture tells a thousand words and in this case would be very helpful indeed.

Overall it's all a case of genetics.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 21, 2011, 06:02 PM
    If you look closely at your parents' eyes you will see flecks of different colors too. What you have is not all that unusual. It's just that lighter eyes often reveal what is more hidden in darker eyes. The pigment isn't two dimensional; it has depth, so as light hits it differently it's going to look different, as as blood fills your eyes and your pupils dilate (as in anger or fear) they will be darker, and so on.
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

Apr 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
    I would have to say your eyes are hazel... I looked up the definition and it seems that the general consensus is that when there is more than one definite color, such as brown and green, which is the most common, or blue and green, gold and green, blue and brown, etc... you have hazel eyes. You are like my husband who has three definite colors, makes it easy to know moods and if he is sick. Yes genetics plays a major role in eye color. Green, blue and gold are all recessive genes therefore you got lucky and got them all!
    kittykat27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 07:33 AM
    My mum has brown eyes, my dad and his parents have icy blue eyes, I have dark blue eyes with a gold ring around the pupil and my sister has green eyes like a cat, my question is since green and blue are recessive genes would it be impossible for my sister or I to have children with green or blue eyes? (our respective partners have families with strictly brown eyes.

Or is it a genetic roll of the die so to speak?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do people (include I) have blue/green eyes with dark hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I study and have an interest in genetics, I know that coloured eyes originated in cold temperatures, and darker features were from the hot temperatures, but is dark (brown) hair actually a light type of hair (since it is brown) and how does one have dark hair with blue/green eyes?

I can see blue veins around my eyes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to this site and looking for some help. I'm 25 years old and in the past year I have noticed the skin around my eyes get thinner and now you can all the blue veins around my eyes. Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone recommend any products to use? Its so embarrasiing...

Blue veins under my eyes [ 111 Answers ]

Ive always had these really dark blue veins under my eyes. I went to the dermatologist today to see about getting laser treatment done to get rid of them. The doctor told me as with all procedures there is risks but that since its so close to my eye there's serious risks. I was just wondering if...

Cover up and blue eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I have two questions: -Is there any good cover up to cover a sort of like pit from an acne scar on your head? -Is there any color eye liner or tips that makes blue eyes stand out?

View more questions Search