Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wisechick25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2011, 01:03 PM
    Why aren't I pregnant
    Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for like a month now and , I'm just wondering why I'm not pregnant yet? We've had sex on one period and I just got my other period,but we want a baby and haven't been trying,just decided to stop using condoms,does this mean either of us can be sterile?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2011, 01:09 PM
    It takes 85 percent of normal adults to take up to a full year before becoming pregnant.
    sunbeamrunner Posts: 42, Reputation: 8

Sep 28, 2011, 10:24 AM
    It's impossible to say how long it takes to get pregnant because it's different for each woman.
    Many factors can affect your chances of conceiving, such as:
    - your age
    - your general health
    - your reproductive health
    - how often you have sex

Some women become pregnant quickly, while it takes longer for others. This may be upsetting, but it's normal.

Most couples (about 84 out of every 100) will get pregnant within a year if they have regular sex and don't use contraception. About 92 out of 100 couples trying to get pregnant will do so within two years.
    Women become less fertile as they get older. For women aged 35, about 94 out of every 100 who have regular unprotected sex will get pregnant after three years of trying. However, for women aged 38, only 77 out of every 100 will do so.

If you've been trying for a baby for one to two years without success, see your doctor for advice. For now I don't think you should be overly concerned after only trying for a month. I would not say that after only a month of trying that there could be any fertility concerns. Give it some time and if you are still concerned, visit your Doctor who can perform tests to see if there are any health issues making it hard for you to conceive

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

My period is 4 months late and I am not pregnant, can I still get pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, The first day of my last period was 5/22/2010 and it lasted for 5 days. Since then I have not seen a period. I have taken at best 15 home pregnancy test of various brands and they have all come back negative. I even went the length of going to the local health department to have two...

View more questions Search