Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2011, 06:19 AM
    Furnace leaks smoke
    I have an oil furnace. There is a plate on the front that is bolted to the main unit. I believe this is for servicing /cleaning inside.

My problem is that it is leaking smoke/carbon monoxide around the seam. Is there a product that can be used to seal this seam and keep smoke in furnace so it exits through chimney?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

Check out some similar questions!

Ford f350 diesel Engine will not start cold, smoke leaks from the engine, fuel gage [ 2 Answers ]

Three Problems: 1. Engine will not start cold 2. Smokes leak out from top of the engine near the spark plug/glow plug (front of the engine) 4. Front gas tank gas indicator only shows empty, even if it is full. I recently bought a 83 Ford F350 Diesel Truck (dually) It was hard to cold start,...

My furnace just rumbled a little and puffed out some smoke [ 0 Answers ]

Beckett burner forced air. Wondering if it would be a bad nozzle or filter on tank?

Why does my oil furnace smoke after the flame shuts off? [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my oil furnace smoke after the flame shuts off? I have a Beckett burner on my oil furnace. It works fine when the flame is burning, but after the burn cycle smoke comes from the fire chamber. I replaced the nozzle with a new one and put a new filter in the fuel line, but that did not...

Smoke from furnace [ 0 Answers ]

Smoke from furnace high valve purged with nasty water

Furnace kicks on and off smell smoke [ 11 Answers ]

My furnace is attempting to light. It kicks on for about 10 seconds, then shuts down and I can smell smoke. It is a natural gas furnace, so please no replies about how an oil burning furnace smells when it kicks on. It is Christmas day, no heat in the house... Please help!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.