Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhark32 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 08:29 PM
    I'm wiring a 208 plug from my 208 panel... 2 hots,nuetral, and ground to plug, right?
    ... same question as above...
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Sep 12, 2011, 08:38 PM
    Point of information. If this is a residential panel then you would have 240/120 volt power, not 208volt power. What is the plug you are wiring being used for?

Sep 12, 2011, 08:42 PM
    It's a commercial facility... the old tennants provided me with a 208 y panel and I needed a 220 or 208 plug, so how do I wire it. I bought a plug that has 2 hot screws, 1 nuetral, and 1 grnd, thnks

Sep 12, 2011, 08:44 PM
    Does it even need the neutral ran to it??

Sep 12, 2011, 09:13 PM
    So... ;...
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 12, 2011, 09:36 PM
    Okay, you really need to answer the questions that were previously asked.

What is the amperage that the cord will carry?

If you do not have a decent background in electricity, please call a licensed electrician.

If not connected to the proper phase bar, 208 will fry anything it touches.

Not to mention or ignore safety, but 208 is a flat out killer.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 13, 2011, 12:00 AM
    Unless you are a licensed electrician (wouldnt a licensed electrician know the answer or know how to find out better?) you shouldn't be playing with wiring. Its illegal and could get you, and others killed.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823 View Post
    Unless you are a licensed electrician (wouldnt a licensed electrician know the answer or know how to find out better?) you shouldnt be playing with wiring. Its illegal and could get you, and others killed.
    Completely agree.

You are asking if it needs a neutral when you are the only one who can answer this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between 3-phase 208 V and single phase 208 V wiring? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between a single phase and a three phase 208V wiring? Does the first has 2 wire only? Can you also identify the wires as to hot, neutral, and ground? This wiring applies to installing an Air conditioning unit. Thanks.

Relocating sub panel 120/208 4 wire. [ 4 Answers ]

Can I use a junction box to splice my feeder wires. I would like to see if code allow that. And if the code says I can not do that what are my options beside running a new set of wires. Can you please help? Thank you.

What type of plug will I need to wire my air compressor 208-240 volt 15 amp motor [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a 60 gallon air compressor and it didn't come with a plug. I need to know what type of plug I'm going to need to wire to it. It just has 2 connections (1 black 1 white). What type of plug do I buy to hook up, and where can I get one? The motor is 208-240 volts 15 amps.

Wiring a 30A/250w heater plug to the panel [ 1 Answers ]

I needed to connect a heater plug to my "toolshed" panel and got all confused when I saw that the red and black wires connected to the breaker. My question is: Should there not be a wire that needs to be connected to the neutral bar of the panel?

12-3 wiring from gfi plug to outlet to plug in a 110v pool pump [ 5 Answers ]

Need to verify proper wiring for above 110v pool pump.

View more questions Search