Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    backinthegame Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 01:54 PM
    I told him that I was going to give him some space, but I really don't want to!
    So, I met a guy a few months ago and two weeks ago we decided to become... ****buddies. Well, I am 34, separated, and have three children. He is 23 and lives with his parents! So, we are quite different. He is super sweet, and the first night, he stayed over... and over, and over. We hooked up on Saturday and he didn't leave my house until 3pm on Monday... when my children were coming home. Now, he had only been with two women prior to me, and had only had sex a total of 5 times... so it's a bit different for him. When we are together, he holds my hand, cuddles up next to me, sleeps with me (literally sleeps), and will do anything that I ask him, except come over when my kids are sleeping. He came over one time when my oldest was home, stayed for an hour and then had to go home. He told his mother about me... well, told her my name, where I live... then told her that he was staying over the other day, and that I was cooking for him. I don't know what else he has told her.

Well, Friday night was amazing. I had had a bit too much to drink, but that was kind of the plan, since he wanted to try something different that I really needed to be relaxed to do... but we didn't end up doing it. Then, I had to make him leave Saturday when I went to pick up my children. Then Saturday night, he started acting really different. One word answers... and last night, he didn't even say goodnight, like he normally does. Today, super standoffish.

So, I sent him a message earlier saying that I was going to be busy, and that I could see he needed some space, so I was giving it to him. That if he needed to get in touch with me, or just wanted to, he knew where to find me. I don't want to smother him, but we both are acting like a lot more than **** buddies if you ask me! Now, I think I want more... and I think he does too, but I don't know what's going on with him, so I have to wait. But how long should I wait until I decide to move on?

Then, he didn't try to have sex with me last time... is it possible that he just wants to be with me, without sex being an issue right now? He IS a christian, and so am I, though we don't always act like it... obviously! He is in church every Sunday... heck, he is an usher in church. IS he thinking long term? He mentioned a wedding that he is in 7 months fromnow... several times... and he mentioned that he would love to go to California... where I am planning a trip to visit next year. When I told him that I might bring him along, if he plays his cards right, he said "sweet!"

I hope that he DOES want more... and that this space will give him time to realize that, but if it doesn't, then at least, I'm not going to get any deeper into this.

I know I am all over the place... but that's how I feel! Oh, and he left condoms at my house, and noticed that I was missing one... when he was there (it was under my undies!). He kisses me on the forehead, rubs my legs, showers with me... and gives me that look... you know... the "I want so much more from you" look. I know it's super early... but he is different. He is a GOOD guy. I was married for 9 years to a jerk! I don't want to ruin this or lose something that could be amazing.

Any advice would be appreciated. And yeah, the kid thing and crazy cop ex probably doesn't make things easy for him!

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend wants space, how do I give it to him? [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend(22) and I(21) have been together for 1 yr and 6 months. He recently told me that he wants space. He told me that he loves and doesn't want to break up with me, but he wants his space. I truly in love with my boyfriend. We have tried the whole space thing before twice, and we...

Girlfriend told me she needs space and moved out [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for just about 3 years now, I moved in with her and her mom as my parents left the country, we were just about getting into a relationship when I moved in, after 2 years being brilliant together, never arguing, enjoying being with each other and being in love we...

Ex won't give me space [ 1 Answers ]

So my ex girlfriend and I have been broken up for about 3 months, although we never gave each other space. First I need to tell you we've known each other almost two years and were always flirting with each other, and then dated for about 4 months long distance. I'm 29 and she's 23, I went to...

How do I tell him to give me space ? [ 17 Answers ]

My partner and I had unprotected sex and now I'm pregnant. After discussing what to do he made it very clear that keeping the baby is not what he wants and it would wreck his life, he isn't ready emotionally physically or mentally.. Although I do want the baby because the thought of an abortion...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.