Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhotp Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 10:08 PM
    Keeping my computer running smoothly
    Hello,
    My question is: Is there a "free" computer scan website(that you would recommend), that I could go to periodically to keep my computer running smoothly? The scanner I was using was free from Microsoft. However, it is no longer available, and I am looking for another Free computer scan website. Any recommendations? Thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 6, 2011, 10:23 PM
    A MUST HAVE tool is Ccleaner.

Cleans your system of Windoze cludge and helps to keep things running sweetly.
    Of course it is FREE and available here: CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
    chaos911 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 03:55 AM
    I don't really trust any of the "scan your computer to make it faster" websites. I usually just do a factory reset. Provided you back up the files and documents that you need to save, it should bring your computer back to "out of the box" condition. I do this at least once (if not twice a year). It takes between 30min and 1 hour plus re-installing any software that you added to the computer. Make sure you have the discs and codes for what you plan to re-install. It can be a bit overwhelming at first but there are enough DIY online to help you. Note: each computer operating system is different on how you can "factory restore". You can just Google your computer and OS to find what will work for you.

Hope that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 96 neon just stopped working on me while I was driving it. It was running smoothly [ 8 Answers ]

I was driving home from work, and my 96 dodge neon was driving and handling smoothly. Suddenly, the engine just died! When I pulled the car to the side of the road, I waited a few minutes to try to restart it, and it would not restart. Could this be a timing belt issue, and if so, would I have...

Craftsman 917.272352 not running smoothly [ 2 Answers ]

HI! I have a Craftsman 18.5 HP tractor which starts easily then starts dying and revving back up. It will do this many times until it simply dies. New battery and plug. Any ideas? Thanks!

Central AC unit running all the time and not keeping house cool [ 6 Answers ]

We have a 2000 sf double wide mobile home that we bought new back in 1999. It came with a brand new Intertherm 3 ton unit. We live in South Carolina and our house sits in the middle of an old farmer's field, NO SHADE on the house from dawn till dusk. We keep the thermostat set on 78* ALL the...

Keeping the internet on while computer is on standby [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so I have sisters that try to take over my computer so I like to have it password protected... when the screen saver goes on though it kicks me off the internet. Is there any way I can keep the internet, aim, Google talk etc. on while the computer is still being locked?

Keeping internet on while computer is in standby mode [ 5 Answers ]

I need to keep my internet on for a long time and I would like to save power during this time. So whenever I put my computer in standby mode, my internet gets disconnected. How can keep my internet on while the computer is on standby mode?

View more questions Search