Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amir1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2011, 12:51 AM
    Divorce happened or not.
    Before this Ramadan I said to my wife two times that I divorce you. But I never wanted to do so. She left home for ten days and now she had come back and living with me. Although we have not done any sexual intercourse as she says that she does not wish to do so. But before this many months ago I said to her that I am divorcing you today. After all of this I want her to be my legal and lawful wife as per Islam. I want to ask what the status. I would like to explain that only in this Ramadan I came to know (after watching Dr. Zakir Naik's speech on internet) the right way of the divorce. Firstly I would ask if somebody does not know and it happens by mistake will that be treated as divorce as you know that If a Muslim during roza eats something mistakenly it is forgiven so if I did not know that it will actually happen what the situation. Secondly the words were not exect. The other thing is she is living with me so I think that ruju is done. Please explain.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 6, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Many have asked this question here. I am not a Muslim, but I would think that even Dr. Zakir Naik would admonish you about the power of words without letting you nitpick over how exactly you said 'I divorce you,' even though there is room for forgiveness and being considered still married. But you don't get an easy approval, and you should choose your words carefully in the future.
    (I'm answering because it may be a while before a Muslim or Islamic expert will read this.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I filed for divorce . I have a conditional divorce. What are the chances of renewal [ 1 Answers ]

I got engaged in the US and got married in India. I came back on visitors visa and had the court marriage in the US. I learnt that my husband was involved in adultery and he also physically abused me. I filed for divorce. I have a conditional green card and am applying for the waiver . What are the...

Divorce happened or not [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was very angry and he say word divorce three times I have periods that time is divorce happened or not if happened what is its solution? Can we marriage again

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

View more questions Search