Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madhuram.mishra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 08:28 PM
    In a management class of 100 students, three languages are offered as an additional s
    Subject viz. Hindi, english and kannada. There are 28 students taking hindi, 26 taking kannada and 16 taking english. There are 12 students taking both hindi and english, 4 taking hindi and kannada and 6 that are taking english and kannada. In addition we know that 2 students are taking all the three languages
    (1) if a student is chosen randomly what is the probability that he/se is not taking any of these three languages?
    (2) if a student is chosen randomly what is the probability that he/she is taking exactly one language?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 6, 2011, 09:02 AM
    (1) First calculate how many students don't take any of the three languages (hint - if you add up the numbers you provided you will see that the total of students taking one or more languages is less than 100). Then divide that number by the total number of students.

(2) add up the number of people taking exactly one language and divide by the total number of students in the class.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Same as here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathem...ty-560764.html

And here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathem...ml#post2726489
    Dilip Kumar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 07:29 PM
    1. o.86
    2. 0.7
    Dilip Kumar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 07:30 PM
    1. 0.86
    2. 0.7
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 21, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilip Kumar View Post
    1. 0.86
    2. 0.7
    Sorry this is wrong. You did notice that this question is (a) over 8 months old, and (b) adderssed in the other threads that Unknown008 cited?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A university has 10,000 students of which 65% are male and 35% are female. If a class [ 1 Answers ]

Mean and Variance A university has 10,000 students of which 65% are male and 35% are female. If a class of 30 students is chosen at random from the university population, find the mean and variance of the number of male students

Schoarships offered by Ukrein to international students [ 0 Answers ]

I'm an international student who wants to study Medicine on schorlarship in any Ukraine university,so I want to know how I can apply

What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d [ 3 Answers ]

In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony? I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my...

Affordable online class for foreign students [ 5 Answers ]

Any ideas about institutions offfering undergrad level course online at affordable prices for international (F1 visa status) students in US? I notice they have us pay three times as much as state residents in community colleges for online classes, is it same everywhere or am I just not...

View more questions Search