Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starlytia Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 03:23 AM
    Can you appeal a work release sentence for parole violation?
    If he abscond the WR, how much jail us he looking at? Can he even appeal it? What if he refuses to go and wants to do jail time instead? He already has close to 9 grand in restitution to pay and work release will be an additional 3 grand! All for a parole violation that he couldn't even help but get since he was being sentenced for something totally different a week later. He basically didn't register for community service because he was facing sentencing for new charges and that wasn't a PV but he didn't change his address with his PO and that led to the PV, and he ended in jail a week before sentencing and a week later got the work release sentence for the PV. Why can't he just get time served since he us in there already? Is it even worth appealing? Could he get a worse sentence? We have until the 16th to figure this out. He wants to work but I have cancer and he takes care of me, my daughter goes back to school soon and then I'll have no one and if he is in WR for 4 months? Ugh anyone? Help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 09:03 AM
    If he has work release, he can request to serve the time in prison instead. Any and all time he was on probation does not court if he is being revoked, he could serve in prison his entire probation sentence.

His new charge may alsohave additional time.

He may plea bargan to serve his first and second sentences together.

But most likely he will be in prison or jail for much longer than 4 months, there is no chance of him being home,
    I doubt they allow work release again.
    Starlytia Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Thanks, I talked to a lawyer earlier and you are correct. I'm so new to all this. I didn't mean to ask the same question twice. I'll get it eventually :)

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2011, 01:29 PM
    That's OK, gives us a chance to answer twice, many of us love to hear the sound of our own voice. LOL

I know this has to be hard for you, and so much is happening right now. The best thing, for you and him, not to talk to anyone, even a PO about it, without talking to your attorney first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one...

How do you write a letter to a judge for early release from a work- release -program [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please help me in writing a letter to a judge for early release from a work release program

Work release violation [ 7 Answers ]

My ex is not getting out until October 2008. I was at the gym today and turned around and there he was. I did not talk to him, I just left. I called the prison and they told me that he was transferred on Monday. So I called the new minimal facility and asked what was going on. He is on work...

In CA how much jail time if violation of parole is alcohol and they work in a bar [ 2 Answers ]

In CA what kind of violation jail time do people on parole with 2 strikes for working in a bar and it says not to be near alcohol? What is the jail time for a parole violation for working in a bar?? In CA how much jail time if violation of parole is alcohol and they work in a bar

Violation of Parole on Conditional Release of a Dirty Urine [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé has also violated with dirty urine in feb. he is currently waiting to have his hearing which we have no idea that will be. How long can they hold you before you have your hearing, is there a time frame. His sentence is up in sept. he was paroled in dec.

View more questions Search