Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xLisax7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 04:42 PM
    How long can the philadelphia prison system hold an inmate for out of county detainer
    Boyfriend has a detainer in montgomery county and a warrant for a FTA in bucks co. After his detainer is either certified orhe finishes out his back time in philly, how long can they hold him in philly before he has to be released if neither county picks him up? Or how soon can we expect to wait before being transferred to these counties?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 05:07 PM
    A few weeks is not uncommon. He does not "have to be released" if he is keep to long, he can file in court asking to be released.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any advice for a federal inmate requesting a transfer to a prison nearer to home? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any advice you might have for a fed inmate who is considering making a request for transfer to a prison nearer to home? Are there any particular factors or points that an inmate's case worker is going to look for when considering an inmate's request for transfer? In their transfer request...

In lake county Ohio how long can they hold a person in jail if they have not indicted [ 1 Answers ]

After waiving your rights to a speedy trial. How long can lake county Ohio court system hold you without indicting you. In other words what are the statueof limitations.

Philadelphia county marriage [ 5 Answers ]

So my fiancé and I are attemptimg to have a courthouse wedding.. I understand that we will need two witnesses and proper documentation... but how do we go about scheduling the appointment for our license and the actually ceremony with the judge.. we were applying on 9.14 and want the wedding to...

How long can they hold you on a PA Probation Detainer [ 10 Answers ]

How long can Jail hold you on a violation Of Probation Detainer in the state of PA Philadelphia County How many days from arrested is it 30-60-90-120 days before you see a judge: confused:

View more questions Search