Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noah91399 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Adjusting entries
    At the end of the fiscal year, the usual adjusting entry to prepaid insurance to record expired insurance was omitted. Which of the following is true?

Total assets at the end of the yea will be understated
    Stockholders equity at the end of the year will be understated
    Net income for the year will be overstated
    Insurance expense will be overstated

Adjusting entries affect at least one?

Income statement account and one balance sheet
    Revenue and the drawing account
    Asset and one owner's equity account
    Revenue and one capital account

Which of the following pairs of accounts could not appear in the same adjusting entry?

Service revenue and unearned revenue
    Interest income and interest expense
    Rent expense and prepaid rent
    Salaries payable and salaries expense

A company pays an employee 1,000 for a 5 day work wek, mon-fri. The adjusting entry on dec 31 which is wed is a debit, wages expense, $200 and credit wages payable, $200

True or False?

The balance in the prepaid insurance account beofre adjustment at the end of the year is $10,000. If the additional data for the adjusting entry is (1) the amount of insurance expired during the year is $8500, as compared to additional data stating (@) the amount of unexpires insurance applicable to a future period is $1500 for the adjusting entry.

Which of the following would be true?

The debit and credit amount for (1) would be the same as (2) but the accounts would be different
    The accounts for (1) would be the same as the accounts for (2) but the amounts would be different
    The accounts and amounts would be the same for both
    There is not enough information given to determine the correct accounts and amounts

True or false adjusting entries affect only expense and asset accounts
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Please refer to THIS ANNOUNCEMENT

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting entries [ 1 Answers ]

How & where do I do the adjusting entries that I had just received from my accountant for December 31st, 2005, for our company?

Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

How do I do this! (a & b) Merchandise Inventory as of Dec 31, $19,700 (c) unused supplies on hand $525 (d) Unexpired insurance on Dec 31, $1000. I know how to enter them into quickbooks but what do I do to get the amounts? Do I just use the $525 and $1000? How do I get the amount for...

Adjusting entries [ 2 Answers ]

The prepaid insurance account had a balance of $5600 at the beginning of the year. The account was debited for $1800 for premiums on policies purchased during the year. Journalize the adjusting entry required at the end of the year for each situation. (a) the amount of unexpired insurance...

Adjusting Entries [ 1 Answers ]

Original Journal Entry: Negotiated Bank loan on September 12, in the amount of $20,000. Prepare a journal entry to issue a 60-day, 10% note to the bank for that amount. What would be the interest due on note? Adjusting Entry for September 30th - Accrue interest on note payable ($20,000) use a...

View more questions Search