Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khannula23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2011, 07:13 PM
    Please help I'm scared! Gyno
    Hi, I have had a weird pulling sensation in my lower right abdomen for a long time now. At first I had thought I pulled a muscle right behind my rib, but as this sensation continued I went to the hospital. First thing they thought was that I was pregnant. I had blood tests done, as well as urine, pelvic exam, cat scan and ultrasound. They said the cause was either gastrointestines or ulcer. The sensation went away for about two months, yet has come back just recently, right before mensturation. I've also taken 4 pregnancy tests since and all were negative. Now the really scary part is that I felt a pea size, fleshy, lump inside my vagina; yet when I touch it I feel no pain.. Also after my recent period I had the usual symptoms except I continued to spot for longer than usual. And after I stopped I bled again after sex. I've looked it up a lot and have an apt set with the gyno but cannot get in until the sixteenth, I'm extremely concerned and need to know what's going on... If someone could help I'd really appreciate it... Idk what to do!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 07:37 PM
    Where exactly was the lump?

Aug 31, 2011, 07:56 PM
    Like inside toward the left a bit... maybe a few inches up

Aug 31, 2011, 08:11 PM
    I should also include that I'm 20 years old, no stds and I've been with the same partner for almost three years... I also have iron deficient anemia, which has before contributed to irregularity, yet I've never had so many symptoms before.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 08:21 PM
    The lump might be your G-spot.

Are you taking iron for the anemia?

Aug 31, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Yes, I take supplements but haven't been as consistent as I should but when I had the blood tests they said my iron really wasn't that low... so I don't know... I'm really scared though I don't know if I'm just freaking myself out but from what I've looked up it could be anything from cysts to ectopic pregnancy!. I'm real nervous.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 08:31 PM
    Cysts and an ectopic pregnancy wouldn't be behind your rib. You'd feel pain to the right or left of your belly button (or a little lower).

What do you eat and drink during a day?

Aug 31, 2011, 08:37 PM
    Well I work in a kitchen but usually sandwiches and salads for the most part... I don't drink coffee and try to only have a glass or two of soda a day at work... other than that juice and water
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 08:40 PM
    Did they check your appendix? Did anyone palpate (massage) your abdomen? If so, was any area very sensitive?

Aug 31, 2011, 08:48 PM
    They did not massage the area yet during the ultrasound I thought for sure they found something because one spot felt very sensitive near my rib, yet it's on the right side.. im not sure where the appendix is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 08:55 PM
    Here's a picture of what's inside you and where:

File:Anatomy Abdomen Tiesworks.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aug 31, 2011, 09:37 PM
    Thanks for all your help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2011, 10:14 PM
    Take a deep breath and stop worrying. It could be an ulcer. I had two ulcers two years ago and they were right under my ribs. They were two small dots of pain. I had severe anemia too. And you seem to be so easily stressed out, so an ulcer sounds perfectly logical. Drink milk and apple juice and eat oatmeal. Be sure to have them check for an ulcer on the 16th.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens in gyno exam? [ 4 Answers ]

I absolutely hate the idea of these intimate exams I feel like I'm going to be stripped of all my dignity and that men get away with everything :mad: my sister had a gyno exam not so long ago and she told me I should have had one by now (im 17). What age do you need to be to get one? She told me...

What to do in a gyno appt [ 2 Answers ]

I am 13 yrs old, and I have to go to the gyno for an unssual bump on my vagina. I would feel more convertible if the gyno did a FULL exam, speculum, breast exam. The whole deal. What should I tell the doctor? What should I say?

First Gyno appt. [ 5 Answers ]

Im going to the gynochologist for the first time Tuesday and Im kind of nervous. I don't know what to expect or what kind of questions she'll ask. I just want to know what to expect

The gyno [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm taking my first trip to the gyno :rolleyes: and I'm really nervous, mainly because it is a man. I was wondering if any of you could tell me what you first visit was like. Thanks :o

Gyno [ 2 Answers ]

I am in my 20's and I have just graduated from college and such and I have recently lost my health insurance through my parents... I also just started having sex, what should I do? I have never been to a Gyno before, and I haven't had a physical in a long time...

View more questions Search