Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttcuriousG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 01:00 PM
    Questions for an obgyn free online?
    We are trying to conceive and I have been on birth control. My period was earlier this month on the 8th of August and when I stopped the birth control, I had my period again on the 22nd of August. I just want to know if I will ovulate from the 1st period or the second or even at all?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 29, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Most doctors recommend that you wait at least 3 months after stopping birth control before trying to conceive. Why? It can take that long for your body to get "back on track".

If you're on the pill, that's designed to prevent ovulation. It can take your body time to adjust and start ovulating again.

In other words, there's no way for any of us to tell you whether you'll ovulate from the first period, the second, the third, or later. Each woman is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask an obgyn online for free? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I are Trying to conceive. We have been having regular sex. I missed my period for the month of June. Last Sunday night(June 26) I thought I was getting my period, but it was more brown. So I put a tampon in. IU took it out the next morning and it was clean. So I thouhgt that might be...

Ask obgyn online for free [ 29 Answers ]

OK as of feb 26th 2010 I am 7 weeks by ultrasound my last menstrual was on jan 12th 2010 and I need to know what exact day I had sex on to conceive. Could jan. 9th be a possibility

Ask an obgyn online for free? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since January of 2010 with out luck. I have a child from a previous marriage but my husband does not have any kids. I went to see my obgyn about this and his advice was for us to only have sex on days 12 to 16 counting up from the first day of my...

Ask obgyn online for free [ 5 Answers ]

My left ovary swells sometimes no pain but why what is it?

Ask a obgyn for free online [ 1 Answers ]

I took 2 depo shots the last one was on july'09 since then I have been getting my period every month but in December I didn't but I don't have pregnancy symptomps just lower abdominal pain and lower back pain and a little of tenderness in my breast.can I be pregnant or is just the depo?

View more questions Search