Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Aug 26, 2011, 12:58 PM
    Why does smoking weed give different people different effects?
    I've smoked weed since I was age 16 and I'm 19 now. It's always been an escape from the real world for me and it's not as if I sit on my backside all day and do nothing. It helps me function and helps me concentrate to get things done and keeps my head straight. I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality at age 17 and I don't know if this is why cannabis has such a good effect on me because some other friends of mine with bipolar and depression smoke it also but it can make them very depressed and suicidal as does drinking alcohol. Why is that? Is it all to do with the chemicals in the brain?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 26, 2011, 01:26 PM
    Yes, ramona, it is all to do with chemicals in the brain. Weed has absolutely no effect on me, never got used to it, don't like it, but with my husband, it gives him the munchies and puts him to sleep, which basically it does to most people.

Some people are more productive and energetic same as you; some people become depressed and suicidal.

We are all different, thank god for that. I am glad it makes you more productive, but that may not always be the case as you grow older; as you grow older your brain chemistry changes. Some older individuals have more strokes than others and definitely not a good place to be seeing as it takes a little away gradually from your daily activities and how you see other people.

And then there is the way cannabis handles pain for some people with pain they can't handle with any other drug.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking weed, can it mess my head up? [ 47 Answers ]

I want to know does weed mess with everyone's head? I have smoked weed once or twice, OK a lot of the time and I think it messing me up but I really enjoy it. Or at least I think I do! What is it with weed? Is it addictive? Can it really harm you and your mental health? If I have been realising...

I need to stop smoking weed [ 9 Answers ]

OK I'm 15 and I think I'm addicted to weed, I have been smoking sense October everyday and my parents are trien to get me to stop, but when I do I see blured vision, I get head acs stressed and pissed off,and others I don't know what to do

How can I make my boyfriend stop smoking weed? [ 5 Answers ]

How can I make my boyfriend stop smoking weed... he's awesome.. but I can't stand that he smokes it... it makes him be all stupid and stuff.. I've threaten him about everything.. from leaving him to not giving him sex.. but nothing has worked.. our fights have gotten worse.. please... I need some...

Is he smoking weed? [ 63 Answers ]

Me and my boyfrend, we have been going out for more than a year. And I always suspected that he smokes weed. And recently I found out some stuff in his ashtray and I told him that I know he is smoking weed and I showed him proof. But he said its not his and that its his cousine's and a frend's. So...

The Influence of Smoking Weed.. . [ 2 Answers ]

How does weed influence other to smoke? I've smoked weed and have not been influenced by anyone to smoke it. No one made me do it either so how does it influence others to use weed? :confused:

View more questions Search