Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmiy_dean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 01:01 PM
    Why my boyfriend is not affectionate?
    My relationship is 2 and half years old, and now my boyfriend doesn't give me more time like he does before. He doesn't talk much either. I thought he don't love me, but he says he loves me very much. I want my old boyfriend back. How can I turn him back into being concerned about me again.

Edited/T
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Aug 22, 2011, 01:21 PM
    It seems to me that your boyfriend did what he had to do to win your affection. Now that he has the "prize" there is no reason for him to work that hard. Now take a look at yourself are you working as hard as you did the first year you met? Are you still presenting yourself in an attractive manner? Please realize this men are visual creatures; so take the time to look good; when he comes in from work... give him about 45-60 minutes. To relax before you bombard him with your issues of the day. Have a talk with your guy maybe he has a lot on his mind. Remember this always, take care of yourself, get a hobbie, enjoy and like yourself and last but not least"Presentation", Presentation, Presentation" 'cause men are ever so visual. Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Whatever is going on, then you have to talk to resolve it, and as in any relationship there are always adjustments to be made. I doubt you can go back to the way it was. Look first if there are changes in your lives, or stressful events, or difficult situations that you are going through, and discuss it. Often we think its someone's fault for changing, but sometimes its not. Its circumstances. Are there any? Any kids, or new babies??
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 06:28 PM
    You cannot "turn him back". If he is acting a certain way there is a reason, as far as what that reason is only he know, have you talked to him about it? Also consider that no one is alike another person, so he may be very much in love with you, but with you so focused on seeing that love a certain way, you may be missing it in other aspects. You should be able to trust him enough that him telling you that he loves you very much is enough for you to be happy and to return the love. However, if you are feeling that his cold shoulder is something that you don't see working out for you in the long term, then find someone who fullfills your most basic needs.

Good Luck,
    Javi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend not so affectionate [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Thanks for taking the time to read this. I started dating a guy, after breaking up with my boyfriend of 2 years (because he was too nice to me, it's sad, I don't know why it works like that) Unfortunately, I'm not use to not being showered with affection now. I know the...

Non affectionate boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

How to I get my boyfriend to be more affectionate.we have been together for 2 years and living together for 1.He used to be more affectionate when we first met but now I give him all the affection with nothing back in return.he only tells me he loves me when I say it first,and he used to take me...

How do I get my boyfriend to be more affectionate? [ 18 Answers ]

We've been dating for almost 6 months now; in the beginning of the relationship he would kiss me a lot more and that would make me happy (but that was only for the first couple months) Sometimes it feels like we're only friends.. he 'almost always' gives me a quick kiss when we're saying goodnight,...

How to get your boyfriend to be more affectionate [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and me have been going out for about a month and a half, Im 1 year older, he kisses me and gives me plenty of hugs, but the only thing is that he won't hold my hand till someone tells him to or I hold his, and he's said once that he likes holding my hand. Hes just not very touchy you...

What do I do with a non affectionate boyfriend [ 7 Answers ]

I have lived with my boyfriend for over a year and 2 months after we lived together, he stopped being affectionate. I get a morning peck on the mouth and hug when he leaves for work but there is no affection initiated on his part. He thinks I am hot looking and calls me sexy all the time but that's...

View more questions Search