Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimhjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Trane 16i air handler
    Had unit installed 6-2010. From start horizontal pan leaking. Replaced in 8-2010. Again leaking being replaced 8-19-2011. Had problems from start with condinsation leaking from seams. CONCERNED ABOUT INTEGRITY OF INSIDE OF UNIT FOR THIS LONG TIME. Been serviced 10 times for this condinsation & leaking . PLEASE HELP
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 17, 2011, 09:05 AM

What warranty was given with this install? "replaced 8-19-11" so you mean day after tomorrow, right?
    jimhjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 08:40 PM
    This is brand new unit bought in June 2010. We have 5 year warranty. Primary drain pan inside of air handler has been leaking since it was installed 6-2010. Drain pan was replaced 4-16-2011. Drain pan still leaking , will be replaced for 2 time 8-19-2011 due to all this heavy condensation leaking from seams of unit, we are concerned with the integrity of the inside of air handler, rusting, wet insulation. Thank you for your reply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Air Handler [ 0 Answers ]

I have a trane unit that was here when we moved in and it looks new, It is a TWE37E13FB0. My problem is when on heat it will not work while on auto. If I turn it to on the heat will come on and when it reaches the temp the unit will kick down but fan will run slow but not shut off because it is on...

Trane Air Handler won't come one [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, My air is not working. The thermostat is set to 77 degrees and it is 80 degrees in the house. I have turned the breaker off and back on. The fan on the unit outside the house is running, but cool air is coming out, not warm as I expected. I turned everything off for 2 hours to see...

What air handler with Trane XR-13? [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I had a new 5 ton Trane XR-13 external unit installed but did not replace the air handler inside. I want to do that now since it is 15 years old and has had mechanical problems lately. A variable-speed air handler would cost about $800 more than a non-variable but seems like a good deal...

Trane XL 16i, humidity control [ 5 Answers ]

We recently purchased a Trane 16XLi with a variable speed air handler. According to their ads, the unit has the ability to remove up to 24 gals. Of moisture per day. With the temp. set at 75 degrees, the humidity is running at a minimum of 55% at night and 57%-61% during the day. I've read that...

Trane Air Handler [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a Trane 16Xi with a Trane 4TEE variable speed air handler. The air handler has been installed upside down. Is this right? At 75 degrees the compressor is coming on for 10 minutes. shutting down for 20 minutes. The humidity in the house is running 57% to 61%. Outside...

View more questions Search