Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floridaguyhere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Help getting a/c to work with new thermostat
    Came home last night and the a/c didn't work. The thermostat looked like it had no power running to it since the digital screen wasn't lit up. So this afternoon I bought a Honeywell rth2300 and now I'm lost. I hooked red to R green to G yellow to Y white to W and there's a blue one but I'm not sure where it goes. My sons and I are roasting and need help plzzz. I have a trane air handler and trane a/c unit outside
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2011, 08:51 AM
    Most of the time the blue goes to common/C post,, but isn`t necessary if you use batteries in tstat,, the common /blue takes away the need for batteries in most cases
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2011, 08:54 AM
    There also is a good chance you didn`t need a new tstat,, problem was somewhere else,, does old tstat need batteries? Did you replace them?, possible several other probs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New thermostat(s) does not work... old does? [ 4 Answers ]

My old thermostat is some ancient circular dial "Climatrol". My furnace is oldschool, I think the HVAC guy that came in the spring said 60s-70s. Anyway I have been trying to get a new thermostat in here for a year now. Last fall I tried to install a new basic digital thermostat with no luck... ...

Thermostat does not work [ 3 Answers ]

My downstairs thermostat will not turn on the heating unit. The upstairs thermostat works fine. The downstairs thermostat shows the digital setting and the room temperature, but does not turn on the heat? Any suggestions?

Why won't my Totaline thermostat work? [ 1 Answers ]

Moved into a new house with Totaline thermostat/heat pump system. No literature that I can find. Have temp set for 75 on 2 thermostats in the house but won't heat above 70. What am I doing wrong or do I have a major problem with my system or could it just be the thermostat? This is a brand new...

New Thermostat, doesn't work [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a Hunter 44110. Not working. Old thermostat ChasRoberts was wired as follows: G=Green C=Blue R=Red Y=Yellow O=White Instructions would have me tie the blue and yellow to the Y on the hunter.

Thermostat won't work? Or is it something else? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have multi-zone heating in my house. This morning the kitchen zone was not running. The heat worked in all the other zones. This is an old house with old thermostats- The kitchen thermostat had been knocked into... so I thought that perhaps I needed to replace the thermostat. I replaced...

View more questions Search