Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megarandomgirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 10:32 AM
    What's the youngest age you have to be to have your tonge pierced?
    I'm 11 and I really want one done I know that you can be 13 but can you be younger
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 10:44 AM

Really you should wait until your much older. 18 at least. Most places require parental permission before 18. But I would recommend waiting until your done growing which is somewhere between 21 and 25.

As of right now everything on you is still in flux and changing. Piercing your tongue could later lead to serious problems. Wait till later.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 13, 2011, 11:35 AM

Most areas require you to be 18. Some areas will allow younger, but not as young as 13, but only with parental approval.

But why would you want to mutilate yourself? There is only one reason I know of for a tongue piercing. At 11 you shouldn't be thinking of that. In fact you shouldn't be thinking that way until younger much older.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Aug 20, 2011, 10:58 AM
    In the UK, there is no age law for cosmetic piercings BUT no respectable piercer will pierce anyone under 16 (sometimes 18) without parental consent. In the US, it depends on what state you live in.

What's the hurry to get your tongue pierced? Piercings do not go out of fashion and at the end of the day, it's not up to you what you do with your body, it's up to your parents considering you are very underage and you live under their roof. I suggest waiting until you're at least 16 before you even ask your parents. Also, don't bother going to some dodgy backstreet piercer because a) they will likely mess it up b) you could contract numerous infections and c) your parents would see it anyway and lose all trust and faith in you.

ScottGem, although you have a point and the OP may be thinking of that, my tongue piercing was not for anything intimate or to please anyone else, I did it because I liked the look of it. So although some people may use their tongue piercing for "that", not everybody does. It's likely this poster just wants to fit in with a crowd or impress her peers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2011, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ramona_ View Post
    ScottGem, although you have a point and the OP may be thinking of that, my tongue piercing was not for anything intimate or to please anyone else, I did it because I liked the look of it. So although some people may use their tongue piercing for "that", not everybody does. It's likely this poster just wants to fit in with a crowd or impress her peers.
    Sorry, but you are missing the point here. That may have been the reason you did it. But the perception is always going to be for "that" reason. And if this is being done to impress peers, then its going to impress in the wrong way. Or if its being done to fit in with a crowd, that's not a good crowd to fit in with.

A tongue piercing needs a lot more care and getting used to then any other type of piercing. It also can cause problems with teeth. So I will stand by my statement that there is only one reason to get a tongue piercing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What age can you get your tongue pierced at [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I was woundering what age I can get my tongue pierced

What is the legal age to get you're nipples pierced? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 16 in March, and I wanted to get my nipples pierced on my birthday. I wanted to know the legal age of getting a nipple piercing in Minnesota, if you guys could help me out here, that'd be great!

What's the youngest age that you can move out in canada ,Nova Scotia [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend has a lot of trouble at home and doesn't want to get authorities involed.So we were thinking she could move in with me .But there's a problem she's under 18 actually she's 13 almost 14 .So were trying to find out what's the youngest age is And please don't put a bunch of foolish...

Numb tonge, drooped face [ 4 Answers ]

A few days back I got a numb tonge this has gone now but my face has dropped down 1 side I can't eat or drink properly and my left eye has gone a bit lazy what has caused this and what will happen

What's a good age to marry? [ 30 Answers ]

What is a good age to get married, have a house, and start a family?

View more questions Search