Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yueehs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2011, 06:47 PM
    Can we increase our energy level by increasing our metabolism rate?
    Hi,

I am doing a research about metabolism and most of the online information I have found are related to weight loss.

I need to know if we can overcome tiredness by increasing our metabolism rate. If it does, can you explain a little bit how this process happen?

Thanks.

Darren
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 10, 2011, 07:03 PM
    Tiredness:
    Low O2 intake
    Low iron in diet
    Depression
    Lack of carbs/sugars during extreme exertion (or starving)
    Dehydration
    Illness, poor diet

It's easy to measure metabolic rate, but how would you measure something so vague and subjective as tiredness? It's well known that amphetamines increase metabolism, decrease tiredness (until you crash), and cause weight loss. Not a good study though, with artificial alertness followed by crashing.
    achieveft Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 06:12 PM
    Increasing your metabolic rate is a long term process. Over time as your body changes, yes your energy level will increase. However, short-term as you increase your exercise level, you will be even more tired. As you create new habits and are consistent, you will begin to notice a difference. Consider a metabolic test, before you begin this process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have really fast metabolism, what foods should I eat to maintain my energy level. [ 2 Answers ]

When I eat I have a rush of energy but it never lasts longer than an hour or two. What types of foods help people with a fast metabolism maintain their energy level throughout the day without crashing so soon.

How do I increase my energy during pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I increase my energy during pregnancy?

Increasing pump output flow rate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a waterfall in my pool that runs off my main pool pump via a diverter valve. Is there anything I can do to increase flow rate over my waterfall? When the diverter valve is opened it allows water over the waterfall while still filtering water through the skimmers. With the diverter valve...

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

View more questions Search