Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idontlikeschool Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 01:59 AM
    My italian heritage preventing me to lose?
    I am 5'5" and about 170. My mom's side is beautiful, trip figure, stuff like that..my biological fathers side...not so much, they arent obese but htey are all really "hefty"

For some reason, I cannot lose weight. For example, for a month and a half, i went to the gym ATLEAST 6 days a week for a month and a half straight.. (i would do the elyptical for a looong time, some treadmill, some bike, and wegihts) I ate pretty dang healthy, controlled my portions and lost...ten pounds..... and not even that, i didnt really "look" too much different.. this was recent.. and I don't just sit on the comp all day wishing I was thinner, I actually DO something about it but it just doesn't work

About a year ago before I had access to a gym, I would jog two miles every day (jog 1 mile w/out stopping, then jog/walk last mile) ate pretty well.. I did that for an entire summer and lost only 4 pounds!

Also, if I stop going to the gym, for instance I didn't have access for a month (recently) then I gain the little bit I did lose back. I am 170 again!

Is it because my biological fathers side of the family is italian and tends to keep on pounds? (they are FULL italian by the way, my mom is irish and german)

PLEASE help its so freakin annoying!!
    blondieinCAN Posts: 73, Reputation: 4

Feb 1, 2007, 02:04 AM
    I know that if you lose weight and stop being active, even for a month, you will gain it back... so consistancy is key. Also you can reach apersonal plateau... so even if u are weight training and doing cardio... are you increasing weight and lenth of time running, etc? I think a lot of it does have to do with genetics, but metablolism is not always a fighting factor. I suggest a doctor or fitness trainer can best answer your questions.

Feb 1, 2007, 02:07 AM
    All right because the thing is, EVERYONE wants to lose weight and a lot of people consult doctors.. the thing is, I am not THAT bad looking but I am chunky, so I don't know if a doctor will help me at all.. I guess if I just tell them my "sob" story haha

And I was so angry when I had to stop for a month! Trust me.. now I'm back at square one *sigh*

Feb 1, 2007, 02:25 AM
    A fitness trainer will monitor your activities and let you know if you need to do more or less, or tell you what specific goals to meet next. Also don't focus on the weight because as you lose you gain muscle, so reshape the body! Don't think of it as just slimming down... you are simply redistributing the "weight/gravity" to better places within your frame! If you are thinking a docor won't help, and your body is fine, then maybe you should also lay back a bit and start being happy with the body you have! Also soda and alcohol contain a lot of calories and I know that doesn't help my weight! Just a thought, I don't know if you drink the stuff!

Feb 1, 2007, 02:31 AM
    I also suggest getting off that eliptical which can bulk up your legs and butt! Id try an at home dvd or class session of pilates! It stretches the muscles and elongates them so your whole body looks leaner(longer). I am 5'5 as well and we can always use shaping to go along with the muscle we're building up.

Feb 1, 2007, 02:31 AM
    I drink soda every now and then.. I can't afford a trainer though (im in college! Haha) but thank you... maybe my stress contributes to it too, I'm always stressed!

Feb 1, 2007, 02:37 AM
    At the YWCA if you have one, they offer consults once or twice for a small fee, about 25$, in my city anyway and they can help you just build a plan.. the dvd is a good idea if u are thinking about your budget.. and I sometimes get library dvds to workout to.
    jessieshuai Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 14, 2007, 10:08 PM
    I can help you lose weight successfully.
    Here's an easy and effective way.
    Oh! My Herbalife: Success stories: Even running 30 miles a week, I didn't lose weight

If you'd like to give it a try, email me.
    Please answer the following questions:
    1. Do you really want to lose weight?
    2. How much weight do you want to lose? Your age, height & weight?
    3. Have you ever tried to lose weight?how?
    4. Why didn't it work?
    5. Why do you want to lose weight now?

Email me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preventing grass in Driveway [ 2 Answers ]

I am extending my driveway to what is currently part of my yard. I plan to use gravel only. What can I do to prevent the grass from growing up through the gravel. I thought about landscaping paper. Will that work? Thanks.

Preventing wasps [ 2 Answers ]

Last year, I had a nest underneath my back door and both myself and my puppy were constantly being stung. This year, I sprayed and patched the space under the door before they appeared. But, before I did this, I checked for a nest and could not find one. I sprayed anyway. Since they haven't...

Preventing Wasps [ 2 Answers ]

Last summer my entire family got stung by wasps. There was about 10 different nests under the railing of our large deck. The most problemsome was the nests near the gates that connected the deck to the pool area. We tried sprays of all kinds then just resorted to avoiding the main gate, but this...

Advice for preventing clogs from washer? [ 3 Answers ]

Speedball, you're my kind of guy. Advice to others here re washers backing up was really helpful. (Except for Fred, who suggested it was an infestation of Pipe Demons.) I can use strainers in the shower and kitchen sink, but no doubt my washer spews copious amounts of shredded kleenex, sock...

Tips for preventing future squeaks? [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to install fresh 3/8" plywood over the original 3/4" tongue & groove planking to give me a smooth and solid surface for the final lauan and sheet flooring in my 5' x 9' bathroom. Here's my question: In order to avoid any possible squeaking in the future would it be advisable to...

View more questions Search