Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laylam25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2011, 03:28 PM
    I am working on posting adjusting entries. Bought equipment may 3 $4700, bought vehic
    I am working on posting adjusting entries. Bought equipment may 3 $4700, bought vehicle may 18 $31000, and bought furniture June 22 $3300. The adjustments for July are depreciation: $400 equipment, $210 furniture and $650 vehicles. I know what accounts they need to go under just not sure of the calculation to get the correct amount. I can't decide if I should subtract depreciation from the totals or just record the 400 210 and 650 in the journal I know I need to debit depreciation expense and credit accum. Depreciation. Not finding much information in my book
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2011, 08:48 PM

From the statement "adjustments for july are depreciation: $400, equipment, $210 furniture and $650 vehicles" you are given the amounts for depreciation.
    Debit Depreciation Expense for the total amount
    Credit Accumulated Depreciation - Equipment for 400
    Credit Accumulated Depreciation - furniture for 210
    Credit Accumulated Depreciation - vehicles for 650
    laylam25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 06:56 PM

Thank you! I was thinking that but wasn't sure if I'd have to calculate the months it was used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advantages and disadvantages of automated systems for adjusting adjusting entries [ 5 Answers ]

Adjusting entries is something I have always done manually, is there any advantage to using an automated accounting system?

Adjusting entries: how to journalize a specific adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would I journalize this adjusting entry? Invoices representing $1,000 of services performed during the month have not been recorded as of May 31. :confused:

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

View more questions Search