Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mani14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 11:34 PM
    Worried about future...
    Hi, I am Mani 29 yrs old and 5months back married to a Muslim guy. Although he is very good and caring about me.He has allowed me to follow the Hinduism in fact he do also follow sometimes. But the main core of my tension is, as before wedding he was not at all religious to Islam but now he is more conscious regarding his religion. As far as I understand about Islam is as there is only one god i.e. Allah and whosoever follow other god will be punished by Allah. So now I think like as soon as he will more indulge in his religion will he stop me to follow my religion. Even he has stated nobody will force me to follow Islam but what does whether he will not force me but his attitude could be change. This thought could not let me live peacefully all the time I feel very insecure. I feel so lonely before wedding he was like my best friend now I feel like I have lost him too. I am deeply depressed, is there anyone who can help me out.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 3, 2011, 03:24 AM
    TALK to him. I know you have to some extent, but tell him exactly what you said here.
    Maybe he is getting more religious. Maybe someone else is affecting his beliefs. Tell him how much you miss him as a friend. Tell him that you dearly, dearly hope that Islam is not going to affect your love for each other, that Hinduism is your comfort because that is how you were raised, just as Islam is for him, and had you been born a Muslim, you would be a Muslim. Each religion has it's own beauty raised out of the culture it started in. Ask him if he wants you to be a Muslim. I don't know if I could adopt someone's religion for love, but maybe. Could you?

Aug 3, 2011, 05:39 AM
    Thanks to respond me.
    Actually before wedding I had stated to him as I will never going to be a part to Islam for nobody's sake neither for you nor for your family. Obviously I won't change my religion. But you know he is also 29 yrs and has forgotten the Namaaz too as he is away to his family nearly 16years. Since it was inter-religion wedding so obviously his parents were not agree up to the day of our wedding. Formly they have accept me but in actually they really wants me to be Muslim. I feel like he is doing for the sake of his parents. As u stated I asked him as I don't want us to be very religious as it could be affect to our relation. He suddenly got angry said he wants to know the Islam and his religion for his own peace. He also included as did I told you to wear Burkha or do the Muslim customs and also said as don't think like I am learning Islam to teach u, in fact it was not in my mind but I really feels like it may be a reason to involve in Islam. The main reason for me to marry him was because he was not religious, now he has been changing. Now his main focus is his parents, his younger sister and his religion. I am getting stucked in myself. I cannot go back to my home even as my father is still in anger and I don't want to hurt them again, If anything ignorance will happen from his side I would have to die. As I don't find any other solution for me

Aug 18, 2011, 11:34 PM
    Worried for future
    Thanks to respond me.
    Actually before wedding I had stated to him as I will never going to be a part to Islam for nobody's sake neither for you nor for your family. Obviously I won't change my religion. But you know he is also 29 yrs and has forgotten the Namaaz too as he is away to his family nearly 16years. Since it was inter-religion wedding so obviously his parents were not agree up to the day of our wedding. Formly they have accept me but in actually they really wants me to be Muslim. I feel like he is doing for the sake of his parents. As u stated I asked him as I don't want us to be very religious as it could be affect to our relation. He suddenly got angry said he wants to know the Islam and his religion for his own peace. He also included as did I told you to wear Burkha or do the Muslim customs and also said as don't think like I am learning Islam to teach u, in fact it was not in my mind but I really feels like it may be a reason to involve in Islam. The main reason for me to marry him was because he was not religious, now he has been changing. Now his main focus is his parents, his younger sister and his religion. I am getting stucked in myself. I cannot go back to my home even as my father is still in anger and I don't want to hurt them again, If anything ignorance will happen from his side I would have to die. As I don't find any other solution for me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

I'm worried about her future [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm male and 15 years old. I had a girlfriend, and we've been dating for 6 months now. # days ago, she came to my house. My parents were downstairs and they were busy so they didn't notice that my girlfriend came to my house and snuck into my room. Well, we were laying ourselves on my bed and...

Worried about my credit future. [ 3 Answers ]

My credit is pretty fair for my age compared to friends my age. I am 26 and its in the mid 600s (since the last time I checked 9mo ago). Nothing major has happened for it to change so I'm assuming its still around the same. I know that credit is very important these days and I don't want it to get...

View more questions Search