Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alleycatt143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 06:01 PM
    Cartilage piercing, gun or needle
    I want to get my cartilage pierced, how much will the pain differ if I get it done with a needle rather than a gun? Or vise versa?
    giggles143 Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Jul 31, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Gun is quicker and less pain
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Aug 3, 2011, 02:31 PM
    Sorry, not to be rude but do NOT use a piercing gun or let someone use one. Any licensed and professional piercer (which I am not) will tell you to go to a skilled piercer that uses a needle. I have 3 piercings. Here's a site that explains why piercing guns or mall piercings are not advised:

http://jewelry.about.com/od/bodyjewelry/a/piercing_guns.htm
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Aug 4, 2011, 10:21 AM
    NEVER get your body pierced with a gun. Guns can not be sterilized, they just wipe an alcohol wipe over it which by the way doesn't kill blood born pathogens such as HIV (aids) and hepatitis. Also, when using a gun, the cartilage is put under immense pressure with a blunt object being fired through it which tears the cartilage, whereas a needle is hollow and pushes the cartilage out of the way without damage.

Go to a reputable piercing parlor and get it done. I would not advise putting a plaster over it, you'll need to let the air get to it during the healing process and you shouldn't have your hair over it all of the time as it can irritate the piercing whilst it heals. In piercing parlors they usually give you titanium jewellery because if you don't know what metals you're allergic to then it could muck up your piercing. Titanium is a metal used for jewelry that the majority of people do not have an allergic reaction to.
    sindle10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2011, 10:03 PM
    I got it done with a gun, I was scared it was going to hurt, I barley felt it go in, it did not shatter my cartilage, nor did it shatter any of my like 10 friends that got it done with a gun either, I did the upper cartlige and then on the middle of the edge of my ear I am so ready for my tragus but, like 2 of my friends did it with a needle, it hurt more than a gun, and I mean ****, I got mine done at wallmart, idc if someone just watched a video to lern how to do it, I mean its not that hard, aim and push! But I would go with the gun

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to get cartilage piercing but I have really low pain tolerance, needle or gun? [ 1 Answers ]

i have a really low pain tolerance, the sights of pain scares me, but i really really wanna get a cartilage piercing. I've pierced 2 more with a gun on my ear lobes but ive never tried it on the cartilage and i want it with a needle because people says its better, but im scared it'll hurt a lot....

Which one is better for cartilage piercing,gun or needle? [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Cartilage piercing with needle [ 4 Answers ]

Im getting the top of my ear pierced . I was wondering if I should get it done with a needle or a gun . Gun it heals faster but some people say its unsanitary.. so let me know . Thanks :)

Cartilage piercing gun or needle? [ 1 Answers ]

K I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow and I'm not sure gun or needle my friend got it with a gun and its totally fine but my aunt got it with a gun and her ear is totally messed up. HELP! Alexa

Cartilage piercing with a gun or needle? [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting my cartilage pierced (the top of my ear) and I really dunt want to get it done with a gun (could shatter cartilage) I'm getting it done perfesionaly and I'm going to ask them to use a needle What hurts more getting it done with a needle or a gun?? And about how bad is the pain??

View more questions Search