Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Old Granddad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 09:33 AM
    Tree on property line
    We have a large tree that was on our property and the neighbors. This tree came down in a tornado and fell on the neighbors property. We need to know if we both have
    Equal right to this tree as when it was standing it was on both property lines. We live in PA
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
    This dispute goes on and on by locale, by how healthy the tree was and whether anyone was warned, by where the tree's base was, by how much water/waterlogging of the soil was involved, and last but not least, what each insurer says. Given that this tree was right on the line and you might never find out who planted it, I would say it's safe to say you split it. Now if it's walnut or something valuable and your neighbor wants to claim it's his because it fell on his side, you could have a battle on your hands. Usually it's the other way around, paying for removal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proprty line tree laws [ 6 Answers ]

I have a tree that the loggers cut that is on or near the property line. The neighbor states that the flags the surveyor hung are bowed out. The loggers cut to the flagged line. I look at it and if the tree is on his property it is only about an inch or so at the most. What can be done about this...

How far from property line can I install water line [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to hook up to the county water system in the near future. The place I have picked out to put the water meter is near my neightbors property line. Is there any regulation concerning how far from property line the meter and line should be?

Tree Roots in Sewer Line [ 7 Answers ]

How can I kill tree roots in our sewer line? I don't want to use the copper sulfate products or foaming dichlobenil products the hardware store sells. I understand copper is hard for the water treatment plant to remove, and the diclob is a possible carcinogen. Someone told me just cutting the...

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

View more questions Search