Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Needin'Answers's Avatar
    Needin'Answers Posts: 4, Reputation: 2
    New Member
     
    #1

    Jul 30, 2011, 01:43 AM
    Am I really damned for being Bisexual? (Christian)
    I'm having this internal conflict about choosing a "side." I'm Bisexual and want to be gay, but I'm afraid of going down that road because of that common statement made by hateful straights saying that all homosexuals are damned to Hell. I mean I understand how that can be so based on the Bible, but are we really damned for being us, and doing what we do? (Which is honestly no different from the lives of a common straight, other than difference in sex.) I know there are maybe pastors on here in Christianity, and I need to here an answer from one of them myself. Is it true that for being gay, I will be damned to Hell? Or not.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,800, Reputation: 2674
    Expert
     
    #2

    Jul 30, 2011, 03:17 AM

    The most important thing you have to do in your life is be yourself, Needing. Gay or straight we are all god's children. Do what you feel in your heart is the right thing to do.

    Tick
    Needin'Answers's Avatar
    Needin'Answers Posts: 4, Reputation: 2
    New Member
     
    #3

    Jul 30, 2011, 04:22 AM
    Though I'm confused because will God punish you for doing what you believed was right?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7692
    Expert
     
    #4

    Jul 30, 2011, 06:33 AM

    God says he will punish any sexual sin. The belief of my Church is that any sex outside of marriage is a sin. And that marriage is between a man and a women.

    So all of those who are having sex outside of marriage, including affairs no matter straight or gay sex.

    We also teach forgiveness but as Christ said, when he forgave to go and sin no more.

    The step to forgivness is accepting the fact that a action is a sin, asking to be forgiven, and trying hard not to commit that sin again.

    Many people believe that all sorts of things are "right". The bible is full of stories that tells us how men went after the desires of the heart, be it sex, power, money or more.

    The bible is a rule book, a guideline for us to follow, we all fall short but the idea is to try.
    AshleyTheGoth's Avatar
    AshleyTheGoth Posts: 16, Reputation: 6
    New Member
     
    #5

    Jul 30, 2011, 07:03 AM
    My grandfather is a priest.
    He has gay priests in his church and does not discriminate.

    He told me that God made us all perfect, black white, gay, bi- God made us- Just the way we are, Why would he punish his children for being exactly how he made them?

    There has always been homo sexuality in the world, but in the past people have been scared to show it, the world is now a much more acccepting place, Im sure there are tonnes of people out there who know what you are going through.
    I'm sure there must be some support groups for you out there and some gay friendly churches to.
    Stay strong - and be yourself no matter how hard things get, there is always help out there for you and I wish you thebest of luck finding yourself.

    No matter what people say, being gay is NOT a choice. It's just how your born. . Stay strong <3
    hauntinghelper's Avatar
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests
     
    #6

    Jul 30, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Here's the thing... what this really boils down to... the OP wants to know what the bible teaches about it. Now to sit here and cater to what Needing WANTS to hear is really pussyfooting around the issue. Fr_Chuck said exactly what the bible says about it. Needin', this has nothing to do with those "evil straights" out there... this is what God gave to us in His revealed will for humanity. Yes, there are very very mean people out there, i.e. Westboro Baptist, that act in the exact opposite of love... but it doesn't change God's view of homosexuality, and as Fr_Chuck stated any other sexual sin. Sex is not wrong like we are drilled to believe... it is a planned and beautiful thing given to us by our creator... when it's done according to how He planned it. To answer your question, sexual relations outside of God's plan for it, IS sin. And to address Ashleythegoth, I don't care what denomination your grandfather belongs to... if he claims to stand for the bible, I suggest he reread it a couple times because he is obviously missing A LOT from it. Needing, if you want to serve yourself... go ahead and be gay. But if there is any part of you that DOES want to serve God... not Christians mind you, but God... then I suggest you not give in to it. Just because you are TEMPTED to be homosexual does not mean you are and I for one will always have hope for those that wish to change from that life style choice.
    hauntinghelper's Avatar
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests
     
    #7

    Jul 30, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Wonderfully put and to the point.
    hauntinghelper's Avatar
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests
     
    #8

    Jul 30, 2011, 09:24 AM
    Needing, also keep in mind there is a difference between doing what you think(or want) is right and doing what really is right. Just because something is in our heart to do, does not mean it is OK.
    dwashbur's Avatar
    dwashbur Posts: 1,268, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member
     
    #9

    Jul 30, 2011, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Needin, also keep in mind there is a difference between doing what you think(or want) is right and doing what really is right. Just because something is in our heart to do, does not mean it is OK.
    While I agree that homosexual behavior is a sin, the truth is that it's no worse than any other sin. God will indeed punish all sin, but he will also forgive any sin. To the OP, no, you're not damned for being bisexual. The only sin that damns anyone is unbelief. Period.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,800, Reputation: 2674
    Expert
     
    #10

    Jul 30, 2011, 12:21 PM

    Homosexuality is not a choice; it is hormonal imbalance (to much progesterone, not enough totesterone that happens in the womb, plain and simple) and not a comfortable one at that. It doesn't have much to do with faith, or god. If a man is driven to be one sex or the other there are good medical reasons and fighting it will only lead to unhappiness and sometimes suicide. So, which side do you want to sit on?

    I think its wonderful when a person is strong enough to truly believe what he wants to be and can strive to be it.

    Tick

    IMO
    classyT's Avatar
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member
     
    #11

    Jul 30, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    While I agree that homosexual behavior is a sin, the truth is that it's no worse than any other sin. God will indeed punish all sin, but he will also forgive any sin. To the OP, no, you're not damned for being bisexual. The only sin that damns anyone is unbelief. Period.
    That was exactly what I was going to say. The ONLY thing God can't forgive is unbelief... period. That is IT>

    And I would also like to add that all of the human race is in the same boat when we are born. In God's eyes we are all equal. I don't care if being gay is something that is learned or something a person is born with. We are ALL born under the curse and sinners. The Lord jesus took that curse for us. What we decide to do and believe about the Lord Jesus Christ is what makes the difference. The blood of Jesus Christ, God's son cleanses us from all sin. ALL sin... there is NOTHING he can't or won't forgive. THAT is what make Christianity different than religion. You don't have to work for the forgiveness you just have to BELIEVE it. The only way anyone is damned is if they reject Christ and die in their sins. That's it.
    hauntinghelper's Avatar
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests
     
    #12

    Jul 30, 2011, 01:42 PM
    That's fine Tickle... and it's one of those things that most people have their view on and will rarely change it. However the OP seemed to want the Christian view of this lifestyle... and by Christian I assume the OP meant biblical view, let's face it some "Christians" really have no idea what it is about. Dwashbur, in the end you're correct... sin is sin and it will all be punished, However I believe there is a difference between a moment of sin and a lifestyle of sin. I get angry sometimes, and in that moment I have said some pretty angry things... which can be hateful, hurtful and everything else... and as soon as it is out of my mouth I know it is a mistake. That is still sin and I address it to God as such. Homosexuality and every other sexually immoral sin kind of stands out because you are living that sin everyday. It's not just in the moment of intercourse... it's the daily mentality of it.

    I'm not God and none of us are... and I'm very glad for it... I believe He is a patient, loving and forgiving God and I'm not going to be the one to draw a specific line between salvation and damnation. I believe it comes down to a matter of the heart and some things will have to be left with God. All we can go by, as humanity, is what His revealed will is for humanity. When He says very specifically that homosexuality is an abomination before Him... I have to believe this is something He feels very intensely and uniquely about. Yes some Christians get out of control in judging the sinner as opposed to the sin, but let's remember He is a Holy God above all... even above His acceptance of someone. I hate getting caught in the middle of the "who's going to hell" debate, because it's not one we're really supposed to answer... Jesus Christ will someday be that judge and I pray and hope that He has more mercy than any of us could ever give. But if we're talking about what the bible teaches us... there are few ways around this issue.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,721, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #13

    Jul 30, 2011, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I believe there is a difference between a moment of sin and a lifestyle of sin.
    Do you believe someone is damned for being born homosexual?
    When He says very specifically that homosexuality is an abomination before Him... I have to believe this is something He feels very intensely and uniquely about.
    It's a little more complicated than that.
    hauntinghelper's Avatar
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests
     
    #14

    Jul 30, 2011, 01:58 PM
    I do not believe anyone is born homosexual. The chemical levels are like everything else... theory. I do not believe it is more complicated than that. The bible is not complicated nor is His will for us. It gets complicated when we start to try and make it teach things it doesn't really teach. It gets complicated when we have to try and find ways around things to fit our lifestyles. THAT is when the bible can get confusing.
    classyT's Avatar
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member
     
    #15

    Jul 30, 2011, 02:00 PM

    Hauntinghelper,

    I'm so confident in the gospel of Grace , the blood of Jesus and the love of our Lord. When a believer really gets Romans 8... lives begin to change.

    I too do not believe Christians should stay in a sin cycle. I also believe if they are taught the TRUTH... they won't. Some of us are really slow learners... but the Lord is longsuffering and he teaches us at our own pace.

    I know you were talking to Dave, but I just wanted to state that I don't think God winks at sin and the gospel of grace doesn't either. It is just a process.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,721, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #16

    Jul 30, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I do not believe anyone is born homosexual.
    I'll remember to tell my homosexual friends and relatives that, that they weren't born that way.

    (No, they do not choose to feel the way they do. How old were you when you chose to be straight?)
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7692
    Expert
     
    #17

    Jul 30, 2011, 02:21 PM

    If being born a certain way is a "defense to Gods will" then a person who is born with no control to be a child molester must then be forgiven because he was born that way.

    A person who is born with other chemical imbalance who goes on to be a mass killer, has to be forgiven since he was born that way?

    But I am interested, you say it is a chemical imbalance, thus it is basically a "birth defect" ? If it is considered a imbalance why is there not study for treatment, testing of child and so on. If this was any other birth defect we would have a fund raiser for research
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,721, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #18

    Jul 30, 2011, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    a person who is born with no control to be a child molester... was born that way... A person who is... a mass killer... was born that way
    No, they aren't born that way. They became that way because of environmental influences.

    If they honestly and sincerely repent, God will forgive them.
    why is there not study for treatment
    There are studies being done to determine possible causes -- biological as well as environmental.
    classyT's Avatar
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member
     
    #19

    Jul 30, 2011, 02:30 PM

    Hauntinghelper,

    you are entitled to believe that people are NOT born homosexual. :)

    WG,

    We are all born sinners according to the Bible. We all have a flesh nature that loves sin... does it matter what kind? It isn't about what we were born with... we are all in the same boat. We can't fix our sin nature. God did it for us... it is called being BORN AGAIN through the blood of Jesus Christ.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,721, Reputation: 5430
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #20

    Jul 30, 2011, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    you are entitled to believe that people are NOT born homosexual.
    Being entitled to believe that has nothing to do with the truth of it. Also, there's a difference between BEING a homosexual and LIVING as one.
    WG,

    We are all born sinners according to the Bible.
    I never said we weren't. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search


Check out some similar questions!

Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't [ 15 Answers ]

I keep reading over and over "I slept with him and then he lost interest". Does anybody ever actually fall in love and get married anymore? It seems like the women of this country are just perpetual losers in a never ending fight for their sexual favors. We have become "sex on tap", as...

Damned if I do, damned if I don't! [ 11 Answers ]

Obviously, this isn't a new subject. And unfortunately I don't think it'll ever go away. So here's my story, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm almost 22.. I have a little boy who will be 5 this summer. I'm planning on getting married in May of 08. My soon to be husband would like to...

Unwanted pregnancy - damned if you do, damned if you don't? [ 26 Answers ]

I've been reading posts about unwanted pregnancies and it has prompted me consider the matter on a deeper level. It seems to me that when you are confronted with an unwanted pregnancy, you will always be criticized by the choice you make. Keep the baby, adopt the baby or abort the baby. They...

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. [ 6 Answers ]

Well as you all know my parents split up before xmas, and things were really tensed for a while. Soon after things settled down and everyone was getting on a lot better. However once again the tables have turned. My mum is now having financial problems and contnously blames me for...


View more questions Search