Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ck3l1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 05:42 PM
    Noise when flushing toilet
    I just replaced my fill valve with the fluidmaster 400 and when I turned the water on the noises began. Now whenever I flush I get the noises. Should I replace the flapper too?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 23, 2011, 05:57 PM

Try closing the stop valve under the tank a few turns to see if it changes the noise. Sounds like a loose washer in stop valve. If noise changes, or goes away change stop valve. Or just change out stop valve only about $6.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2011, 06:26 PM
    Did you flush the fluidmaster like it says? In the molding process, some small pieces of plastic can get trapped in the ***'y. That's why you flush them out. Try that first, the directiuons are in the kit.

Jul 23, 2011, 08:12 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    Yes, I did do that.

Jul 23, 2011, 08:23 PM
    Comment on hkstroud's post
    I'll try that, thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My toilet makes noise after flushing, however, no vibration, just noise. [ 7 Answers ]

My toilet makes a high pitched noise after being flushed. I don't have the ballcock type valve, and there is no vibration, only noise that stops after the toilet has filled.

Noise when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since we hired someone to replace our old toilet for the 1.6 gallon toilet, we hear a bubbling noise in the wall when we flush the toilet especially in the morning and when water is filling up. It only happens in this bathroom. We are worried it could be a leaking pipe.Please help.

Noise after flushing the toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Loud noise after flushing the toilet

Toilet flushing noise [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet makes noise like an airplane taxiing for takeoff, from the moment the flush handle is depressed until the tank is refilled. The toilet is in my vacation home, so it's not in constant use, but the problem has persisted for several months.

View more questions Search