Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlazz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2011, 10:34 PM
    Cartilage piercing
    Hi, I've been interested in getting my cartilage pierced. And I know how it should be cleaned, a needle is safer, and not to sleep on it, etc. I'm also on a cheer team and I soon will be doing camps, conditioning, etc, so I know it will hurt if hit, But should I be worried about doing a sport with it, pain wise, and safety wise?

I'm also wondering how bad it will be pain wise, like how long will it be sore?

And to any other sport players, what about your piercings, is it safe or smart to get them done, it is currently July and the official practices don't start until September. Thoughts?

Anything else to add would be great

Thank you
    LizCrowe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2011, 11:33 PM
    I've had several cartilage piercings along with tongue, eyebrow nose and lips and honestly it's not that bad pain wise, you feel a small pinch and for me the soreness (which was totally bearable) went away after a couple of days, if you have long hair I suggest leaving it up almost all the time so your hair doesn't get wrapped around the earring and as far as cheering goes as long as you don't fall on the side of your head you should be totally fine.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2011, 07:01 AM
    I would wait if I were you. If you are in competitive cheer, you know as well as I do the dangers of stunting with ANY type of jewellery. If your piercing were to catch anything while you were basing a stunt or flying, you could damage yourself seriously enough to require plastic surgery. Furthermore, many competitive cheer associations do not allow jewelry on any type in competition. Cartilage piercings take significantly longer to heal than sink only piercings, and you won't be able to safely remove them for practices by September. My thoughts... the chance to pierce your cartilage will still be there once the season is over. Just wait.
    jlazz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 12:44 PM
    Thank you, this has been really helpful!
    miroirc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 05:35 AM
    A lot more informations can be found at this website cartilage piercing. At least I guess.
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Apr 23, 2013, 11:36 AM
    It caries, but it will be sore for the first week or so. Eventually the pain dies down so don't worry. As a sport player, I found you can use bio flex clear retainers. If you want it done, get it. It's your body and your life. If I were you I would wait, even though I am impatient, because cartilage piercings are very easy to get infected. Good luck xxxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I had the cartilage in my right ear (up at the top) pierced nearly 14 weeks ago, with a gun (yes, I know this was unwise!). It bled slightly during the first night as I rolled onto it in my sleep, but has given me no problems since then - no discharge, no pus, nothing. The swelling took a few days...

Cartilage Piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced. It is like a regular cartilage piercing and i went to Piercing Pagoda. My ear is swollen but it doesn't hurt. My mom and I don't know whether we should take it out or keep it in and see what happens. They did it with a gun not a needle. Is there a difference between...

Cartilage piercing [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so, here's the thing. I got my cartilage (top of my ear) pierced 8 days ago. It was done by a gun, and barely even hurt. All I felt was a little pinch. I was told it would take 10-12 weeks to heal, but my body tends to heal fast. At first, it hurt to touch but after a couple days that went down....

Piercing the cartilage [ 1 Answers ]

well i just peirced my cartilage and i wasnt scared if it hurt only if it will get infected , but heres how i did it vv i used a tac to peirce my cartlige but befor i did anything i had a cup with rubbing achol in it i put the tac in the cup with achol then i put some achol on a cotton ball then i...

View more questions Search