Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sureshramani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Gift tax on car paid
    Can I claim the gift tax paid by me on a car which I have won in a contest.plaease do reply
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 09:54 AM

Claim it how ?

What nation, taxes are different in India than it is in Canada or in the US different also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in NYC. Unemployed 2 years. Just paid off car note. Can creditors take car? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NYC. Unemployed 2 years. Just paid off car note. Can creditors take car?

Car Accident Totaled My Car.. Insurance Paid Out Low Blue Book Can I? [ 2 Answers ]

I was rear-ended Recently That The Insurance called a total lost on my car.. The insurance company paid me out on the low blue book On My vehicle.. The other party's Insurance has not made contact with me... I have to purchase another vehicle... I found a vehicle to purchase but the cost is...

Car accident with bike. No insurance no registeration. Not paid road tax. [ 0 Answers ]

I was driving my car when a two wheeler came from the left and hit my car. The guy on the bike was thrown onto my front glass which got completely cracked. The guy wokeup and drank some water. The police came to the spot and seized both the vehicles. The guy was taken to a hospital in madurai in...

New car purchased, taxes paid in two tax years [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a car at the end of 2007. The dealership included state taxes but neglected to include city and county taxes, which I paid when I registered the car in 2008. Can I only deduct the state taxes for my 2007 tax returns and, if so, can I deduct the city and county taxes from my 2008 tax...

Form 1116, foreign tax credit: Tax paid vs tax accrued, exchange rates and dates [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm applying for foreign tax credit on taxes I've paid / accrued on interest earned in savings accounts and certificate deposits in New Zealand. For cds, the bank statements don't give precise dates for when taxes were withheld. And so I have several questions relating to form 1116, Part II: ...

View more questions Search