Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddog1776 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Pontiac grand am/se 2000
    The car does not pull any trouble codes,It runs have assed most of the time,but has all new plugs,wires,coilpack and then some.It will just not start sometimes,it will start then shut right off,You can disconnect the battery do what ever and then maybe a hour or maybe a week it will start again and drive,then it just repeats itself.I believe it is a security or computer issue but sense it pulles no codes its like a ghost,please help
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2011, 01:18 PM

If it's not a security system problem, I would replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM). Security system issues have been common on those cars, however.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 pontiac grand am se [ 4 Answers ]

I own a 2000 pontiac grand am se and it randomly stalls out on me and its not over heating according to the temp. gage I have had diagnostic tests done, replaced parts, even buying better gas and it keeps doing it what can I do about this?

Pontiac grand am 2000 revs up at stop light [ 1 Answers ]

What could be the possible cause for my pontiac grand am 2000 which revs up at stop lights.

Tranny trouble with 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix 3800 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, 3800 V6 with an auto transmission. When the tranny gets hot, it will (only sometimes) whine and clunk into gears. Let it cool and no problem. I can drive freeway at 80mph all day, but then hit a couple of stop lights and it will clunk. I took it to a tranny guy who...

Pontiac Grand Am [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a free service manual for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am.

2000 Pontiac Grand Am Turn Signal Issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM. The turn signal "click" sound comes on intermittently, and seems to be coming from right underneath the CD player and flasher control on the dashboard. The turn signal lights and switch are not turned on and the sound continues. When the turn signal or flashers are...

View more questions Search