Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jul 18, 2011, 02:45 AM
    The Burzynski cancer battle
    Has anyone been following this story which seems to have been rumbling on for years?

Burzynski The Movie - Cancer Is Serious Business - NaturalNews.tv

It's a long film but I found it very interesting.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 07:03 AM

Can you give us a summary of the issue ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2011, 07:13 AM
    Here's the wiki on the doctor which references the issue: Stanislaw Burzynski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 07:22 AM

I still don't know the issue... is it that the FDA is taking too long to approve the therapy ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2011, 07:27 AM
    I think he's been doing it without approval FDA approval and is in legal trouble.

Jul 18, 2011, 07:29 AM

Well basically the claims of the film, and I cannot say how accurate they are go something like this:

Burzynski develops new cancer treatment which is safer and more effective than chemo and radiotherapy.
    Various supporting patient statements and studies.
    FDA tries all means to shut him down, many spurious methods employed, because they don't want a single doctor, who holds the patent, taking away big bucks from big pharma.
    Dr B is faced with several legal battles. Is found not guilty by grand jury 4 or 5 times. FDA refuses to allow proper clinical trials.

Meanwhile US government tries to steal his patents.

FDA eventually agress to clinical trials due to pressure from patients and othe interested bodies. FDA alters protocols so that the trials will fail.

There's quite a lot more than that but the major implication is that for 40 or more years an individual doctor has held the secret to a safe and effective cancer treatment which has been systematically blocked by the FDA and other government departments for political reasons and they want to discredit, de-licence and incarcerate said doctor so they can steal his patents.

Like I said I don't know what the truth is but found it interesting and wondered whether our American members know more...

Jul 18, 2011, 07:36 AM

This covers much of the history:

FDA
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 07:45 AM

Have heard similar claims for years about alternative therapy . The last one was shark cartilage .

Damned if you do ;damned if you don't .
    How many treatments and medicines have the FDA approved for use that turned out harmful after approval ? In those cases they get accused of a fast track approach .

There is a another op that brought up baby cribs that had been marketted for generations . Suddenly they are no good.

I don't have an answer for you. Aspirin is turning out to be a miracle drug. If it was a new drug today it would take years of research, and would probably be assigned a prescription status . There would be 30 seconds of disclaimers on a typical 1 minute ad ;and maybe it would not even be approved because some patients can't stomach the drug.Oh yeah ;the cost of the research would be absorbed into the price of the product.

Jul 18, 2011, 07:48 AM

But surely the way to find out if drugs are effective is to do clinical trials not block them?
    And if patients have been testifying for 40 years that it has saved their lives, when they had been diagnosed terminal, shouldn't the FDA be a little bit interested in that?

This comment,'Govt. Lawyers file motions to keep all evidence of efficacy out of the upcoming trial (scheduled for Jan. 6, 1997). According to the govt. allowing jurors to see such evidence "is a thinly-veiled effort to expose the jury to the specter of Dr. Burzynski in the act of saving lives. Permitting it will certainly infect the jury's consideration of the real issues with irrelevant, emotional, prejudicial and misleading concerns regarding whether antineoplaston works and the unfortunate fate of Dr. Burzynski's patients." seems to suggest that the decisions have little to do with safety and efficacy.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2011, 07:52 AM

NK's wiki link says a number of clinicals are underway or have been concluded.

There is a process for approval that I think the doctor is trying to bypass. Like I said ;approvals today are a rediculously long process. But the way liabilities are ,who can blame a cautious approach ?

Jul 18, 2011, 08:15 AM

There is a table at the bottom of this document showing average FDA approval times:

Fast Track, Accelerated Approval and Priority Review

They fall a long way short of 30-40 years.

Dr B and his colleagues maintain that the FDA are refusing to run the trials adequately and that they are doing all they can to meet the FDA demands short of deliberately endangering patient lives, something which the FDA seems to be happy to do. As I said I don't know the truth.

Jul 18, 2011, 08:23 AM

I have seen this claim made in several places:

“NCI patent applications for drugs that precisely duplicate Burzynski’s drugs establish that the government knows this drug works!” charges Elias. “It is clear from an NCI response to my FOIA request that the FDA prosecuted Burzynski in hopes of putting him away somewhere where he could not protect his patents!”

Source: Antineoplastons and Dr. Burzynski | wellnesswillpower.com

No idea how to check that out properly though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell if you have any tpye of skin cancer to breast cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

I get this lumps that are painful. They are between my shoulders blades. There are cases were I pass out after feeling real hot. I suffer from unknow pain causes and It hurts to go to the bathroom. I also have trouble with sleeping I sometime go to bed early and when I wake up the next day I feel...

Were we would go ( custody battle) [ 3 Answers ]

If my daughter has lived with me since she was 1 month old now she is 3 months old. Her father's mother wants him to file for custody . If she and him lives in Georgia . And they file tehre would we haveto go to Georgia to settle this or would they have to come to Florida??

A battle [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible for an felony father and his wife get joint custody or vistitation rights on my son even if I have a family domestic vilence paper stating that and for me not to have my information available to them, even though the wife paid and look my information up on the computer and she have...

Child battle [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has another daughter with his ex and she thinks that she can keep there 5 year old away from my husband and they live in different states we live in Wisconsin and she and the daughter live in Nebraska can she legally do that or does he have the same rights as she does?? The daughter...

Yet another visitation battle! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello and thank you in advance for reading and giving comment! I have read with interest MANY posts on visitation issues, and am still going to post my problems. I'll warn you in advance that it may be very LONG! I am from Illinois. In March of 2006, my two daughters,K(age 22) and J, (age...

View more questions Search