Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nzou Posts: 62, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 13, 2011, 12:38 PM
    What do you do when you don't trust your girlfriend
    I have dated my girlfriend for over 2 years now. The problem is 3weeks ago I found out she had been sleeping with some guy for over 6 months. I was so devastated by the revelation. I broke up with her immediately.
    Now the problem is that she has since apologized about the whole thing. She was very sincere in doing so and she says she wants to be with me. I love her with all my heart but I have lost all respect and trust for her. Do you think its safe to get back with her.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Jul 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
    Well that's just it, you can't be sure, but then again you can never be sure - not even if she hadent ever been cheating on you.

I can understand why someone would call off the relationship if they caught their partner cheating.
    And I can even understand if they wanted to fix it, but your case is something I wouldent try to fix, this wasent a 1-night woopsie, she had sexual relation with this guy 1/4 of your relationship.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2011, 02:42 PM

Agree with "Ken" - she's been your girlfriend for 24 months. For 6 of those months she's been cheating and having sex with you and some other guy. She put your health at risk (as well as her own, but at least she was aware of her behavior).

Would I trust her again? No.

There are one time cheaters who learn a lesson and serial cheaters. She looked you in the face and lied to you for 6 months. That's a big deal for me, a deal breaker.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 03:53 PM
    I agree with everybody.

This isn't 'just' about the cheating. It shows her character loud and clear. You would not choose to be involved with someone of her character again, I'm sure. So why would you lower your standards to accept her back.

Had you not found out, she would not be 'sincere' in her apology for her behaviour now. She would be carrying on, making a fool of you, for as long as she liked.

She is not honest, trustworthy, with any scruples or loyalty. Cheating involves a lot of lying, setting things up behind your back, and covering up tracks afterward. And not just once, but dozens upon dozens of times, over a six month period.

You can do much, much better.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 07:13 PM

Do you think its safe to get back with her.
    Hell no! But you already know that don't you?
    Nzou Posts: 62, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 14, 2011, 01:34 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Yeah I know that I gues. Part of me is trying to dig up sm kind of justification for her actions so mayb we can get bek. Its really messing with my head ryt now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2011, 02:19 PM

Go with what you know as fact! You don't trust her, so what's to go back too?
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2011, 02:58 PM
    She played you and you found out.

She was ready to keep on cheating on you.

Not sure how you can love that.

Never talk to this girl again.

Ever.
    bullfight Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2011, 07:16 PM
    It's safe to get back with her for a booty call, if you use protection. Other than that, no.

Some people need to repeat their experiences two or three times before they learn their lesson. So maybe this is in store for you, should you choose to give your girlfriend a "second chance".

In reality, once a cheater, always a cheater - unless she had some kind of divine revelation that has given her personality a complete makeover overnight. You can ask her, maybe she has. But an apology is nothing. Words are cheap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't feel like I can Trust him anymore. [ 3 Answers ]

It was a stupid lie but I have no idea why he even did it. Ive asked him and he doesn't know either. I asked who'd text him and called him (after noticing the name and number wasn't one I'd seen before) and he told me it was his dad responding late to a message he'd sent. When I confronted him...

Girlfriend left because trust issues. I've changed but don't know when/how to show [ 2 Answers ]

So my girlfriend broke up with me this Monday. There are two reasons we broke up. 1. My trust issues (which I had worked on, but ill explain that in a second) and sometimes conrolling nature and 2. My ex girlfriend from years ago messaged her out of nowhere saying I called my ex beautiful and I...

I don't want to father some other man's kid but I don't want to leave my girlfriend [ 24 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been dating for five weeks, and yesterday she found out that she is pregnant, I am 18 the father is 17 and she is 16, she can't have the kid, I can't be a father this soon I want to be one but just not now, she can't throw away her future, and the father no matter how bad this...

I don't trust him [ 4 Answers ]

I am 23 years of age. I had many affairs in my past life and I have suffered a lot due to it. Recently I am going around with a guy. I like him a lot but he wants to me get close to him. But the problem is I am scared. I really don't know what should I do? I like him and don't want to lose him. I...

I don't trust my friend [ 11 Answers ]

OK here I go me and my friends were like about 15 and like to do crazy stuffs like drink and all ,but the thing is I have one friend that is sort of just so right like she's so right that she respects everyone and would not do anything crazy if its not acceptable (boring) anyway once at our launch...

View more questions Search