Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrtarheelfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 05:32 PM
    What else could be wrong if the code reads a throttle positioning sensor?
    I replaced the sensor on my Honda and instead of getting the rapid acceleration from the engine now all it does is idle around 4500 RPMS. Could anything else be wrong if it still reads the TPS sensor?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2011, 05:45 PM

Year, Model, Engine? What code was thrown?
    mrtarheelfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 05:59 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    1993 civic EX 1.4l? Yes the code was thrown for the throttle positioning sensor
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2011, 06:35 PM

. Check the throttle cable adjustment--it may be way off.

. Ensure the air has been properly bled from the cooling system.

. There could be a problem with the ECM, which is not uncommon on "heritage" Hondas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write pseudo code reads in course information that includes class code, three digit s [ 1 Answers ]

Design a flowchart or pseudocode for a program that accepts rental contract data and displays a completed rental contract ready for a customer’s signature. Accept the following as input: Contract number Customer’s first and last names Automobile’s vehicle identification number Starting date...

How can I identify the sensor which siBDii code reader: P0141(bank1, oxygen sensor 2) [ 3 Answers ]

I have check engine light comes on for Nissan Quest 2002, and I took the OBDii reading saying oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2. My question is how can I identify the sensor which side and front or rear from the cat.converter, please.

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Witch mass air flow sensor to use with throttle body [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 mustang gt, 5.0 ltr HO. I am going to put a 75mm throttle body with trick flow track heat intake and 24lb injectors. What size mass air flow sensor should I use. PLEASE HELP!!

View more questions Search