Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 07:03 PM
    I'm looking to run 600 ft 240 v 20 amp what wire should I use and will I need any thi
    I'm looking to run 600 ft and I need 240 200 amps what wire should I use and will I need any thing else
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 07:43 PM

No way I'd run secondary voltage (120/240v) that far.

If this is for a service I would have the transformer much closer to the house.

I realize this doesn't answer your question, but if you give us some more detail maybe we can give more accurate responses.
    primeDLT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2011, 09:36 PM
    200 Amp or 20 Amp? Also, more info on what you desire this circuit to do to answer your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What gauge wire is needed for a 600' run to my dock so I can have 30A service? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a long run to my dock so need to know the gauge of wire needed to run so that I have have a 30A panel on the dock.

For a pump (240 v 12.5 amp)what type wire do I run from the house to pump [ 2 Answers ]

Right now its uf wire but some goes threw flood zone and needs to be wet loc

What size wire for 30 amp 240 volt electric heater [ 1 Answers ]

What size wire should I use for a 30 amp 240 volt electric heater for my guarge?

Cable size for 200 amp/600 foot run [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is building two small homes on a hill 600' away from his inlaws orchard that has a 400 service panel for the pumps. He wants 200a underground the 600' then split to two 100a services for each home. Someone came out and ran 1awg in a two inch conduit. Nit that I'm a electrician or anything...

500 & 600 MCM AL Wire Rating? [ 14 Answers ]

Could someone tell me how many amps 500 MCM AL and 600 MCM AL is rated for? Also, what size conduit do you think I'll need for 3 runs of 500 or 600? Never worked with or bought this size wire before, so trying to better prepare myself when going to pick up our materials. Thanks!

View more questions Search