Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statesgirl Posts: 77, Reputation: 0

Jul 3, 2011, 09:06 AM
    Friends with benefits?
    Hi everyone.
    I assume this post is going to get a lot of negative feedback considering this is a relationship section. Hear me out first though. Also avoid the "your a slut" posts because its my sex life not yours.

Okay I met this guy last summer, we spend all summer together. He even asked me to be exclusive with him! :D But at the end of it I found out he was cheating, so I broke it off. I hadn't seen him for one year until last week. I was at the mall shopping and saw him. WOW he looked hot! We had small talk for awhile then I had to leave.

I'm really lonely right now. I'm thinking about messaging him and asking to be friends again. ( He actually asked me to be friends after the breakup). I just want a friend with benefits and I know he's an unfaithful guy so I wouldn't want a relationship obviously.

I've tried to be friends with benefits with guys before but I've always secretly wanted a relationship too, but with him I don't! Also he told me he's moving across seas in the fall.

I'm hoping anyone could give some feedback? I think this could be fun. I know I don't want a relationshop, he doesn't either, he's moving in a few months. Perfect for a summer fling? No?

Thanks everyone! XOXO
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 09:50 AM

'I'm really lonely right now'-that tells me you wouldn't benefit from a relationship which is FWB.

Why not actively start getting to know new people and take it from there?
    statesgirl Posts: 77, Reputation: 0

Jul 3, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Comment on amicon's post
    I meant lonely sexually. I meet new people all the time but I just don't see them as boyfriend material.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 09:54 AM

I still wouldn't walk down memory lane with an ex-one that cheated at that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 10:41 AM

Then why not just have sex at random with the new people you meet. You are wanting a relationship not sex with no commitment, you want the old boyfriend back and what you used to have. If you just want sex with no commitment why do you want a boyfriend, that is not what friends with benefits are.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by statesgirl View Post
    I just want a friend with benefits and I know hes an unfaithful guy so I wouldn't want a relationship obviously.
    Hello girl:

I think friends with benefits are just fine... Wish I had one... Anyway, I think it's very hard for girls to have them because they get involved. It's easier for guys. But, if you can, go for it.

excon
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 01:05 PM

Is he currently in a relationship? If so, then leave him alone.

I am going to be honest and say that I don't think it would be as fun and without repercussions as you seem to think it would be.

Have you really thought about you want and expect in the proprosed relationship? Do you want to be his friend or his sometimes sex partner? Do you expect to meet for sex only or do you expect to go out and have fun outside the bedroom with him? If you expect to go out, why not call it 'dating' in the true sense of the word?

Have you thought about the possibility of life changing events such as disease or pregnancy? If he has a tendency to sleep around, has he been tested for possible infections?

I think if you aren't extremely careful old memories and emotions are going to rear up and bite you because you are so sure those feeling are dead and buried.

Only you know what you can handle emotionally.

Good luck with the choice you make.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 03:23 PM

You are right, its your sex life, but why have sex with someone who has cheated on you before, just because he is hot? How can you even be friends with a person who has betrayed your trust before? You mean there are no other real friends in which to share benefits with?

So you aren't looking for a friend to have benefits with, you want good sex with the guy who betrayed you before, and that's not a very smart thing to do in my opinion, but its your sex life, and you can do your thing, but the message is clear, you don't think very highly of yourself, sleeping with the enemy, just to scratch an itch, and letting him know you are okay with what he did to you.

You may not be able to help yourself as far as being horny, but the way you handle yourself is totally in your control, and sleeping with a guy who has done you wrong would make you a slut by anyone's definition. Just ask the ex who cheated, he treated you like a slut before didn't he? He will again if you allow it.

Yes its your sex life, and you can be a slut if you want to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends with Benefits [ 6 Answers ]

So I have known this guy for several years. We worked together and were basically lunch friends.. nothing more. But here lately we have been hanging out a lot and it has become friends with benefits. He is really cute and I have feelings for him... but I think it is just friends with benefits......

Friends with Benefits [ 59 Answers ]

I have a friend that has been living with a girl for 4years plus, they have an 8mth old baby. This girl is a little on the psycho side, putting him out, burning all of his things, one day everything is rosey and the next day it's hell. We have been friends for 3years and I have been through a lot...

Friends with benefits [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my ex broke up about two months ago and know we are talking like we are friends again, like before we started dating. But now I can tell both of us want each other just not in a dating mode. So my question is how do I transition from ex to friends with benefits?

Friends with benefits [ 12 Answers ]

X and I broke up about six months ago after being together three yrs and living with each other for 2. Wasn't a bad break up and have still been good friends. She jumped in anotherr relationship after ours and just broke it off with him. Anywayz... she asked me if I wanted to be friends with...

What is [ 26 Answers ]

What is “friends with benefits” about and why do some women want these kind of relationships? Are they healthy relationships? What happens if the guy falls in love with a woman who only wants this kind of relationship?

View more questions Search