Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeoKDarkmatter Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2011, 11:12 PM
    To Find a Line and Plane Intersection Point
    Question: Find the point of intersection of the line containing the points (3,2,1) and (4,3,3) and the plane containing the points (5,4,2), (3,1,6), and (6,5,3). So confused as how to do this particular one, can anyone help at all especially working out, have tried but getting confused? :o/
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 02:50 AM

First, you need to get the equations of the line and the plane.

The equation of a line is often written in the form:

And that of a line is:

Where <x, y, z> is a coordinate of a point on the line, <i, j, k> is the direction vector of the line, <a, b, c> is the normal vector of the plane.

Do you know how to get those?

Jul 3, 2011, 05:53 AM
    Find intersection point of line and plane
    Question: Find the point of intersection of the line containing the points (3,2,1) and (4,3,3) and the plane containing the points (5,4,2), (3,1,6), and (6,5,3). So confused as how to do this particular one, can anyone help at all especially working out, have tried but getting confused?
    Thanks for answer but need further elaboration!
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 07:22 AM

Do not start a new thread for the same question please NeoDarkmatter.

And you didn't reply to my question. Realise that this is not a homework service and that downright explanations and answers are not given like that.

Could you answer my previous question?

-> Do you know how to get those?

Jul 3, 2011, 08:38 PM
    To Unknown008
    Thanks I figured it out, the system wouldn't let me comment yesterday for some reason so had to post again for you to get message and I did say needed help, but is OK now. Also will not let me comment today keeps putting up an applet to log in or join, new to this help desk so can anyone tell me why I cannot make comments?
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2011, 09:57 AM

Okay, don't use the comment system either, it makes it quite confusing to follow. Use the answer box at the very bottom instead :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find the components of the vector v with given point P and terminal point Q, [ 1 Answers ]

Find the components of the vector v with given point P and terminal point Q, find te unit vector in the direction of v. 1. p: (3.2.0) Q: (5, -2,0)

How to find force needed for takeoff in a plane. [ 6 Answers ]

While waiting at the airport for your flight to leave, you observe some of the jets as they take off. With your watch you find that it takes about 34.9 seconds for a plane to go from rest to takeoff speed. In addition, you estimate that the distance required is about 1.6 km. If the mass of a...

How to find local minima, maxima and points of intersection? [ 1 Answers ]

hey.. totally lost... can any one give me a clear example of an aswer for the question f(x)=2x^3-6X+7... have to find their stationary points!? Please help!!

View more questions Search