Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jackone Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Computer is on, But Monitor display "No signal"
    I am running on Window 2000 Professional OS, When I not touch the computer for 10 or 20 minutes(the time is not fixed), the monitor goes off and display "no signal". Then I cannot do anything except turn the computer off by press the computer power button. When I turn on the computer again, everything is working fine. I check the "Power Option" setting. But nothing wrong with the setting. I cannot figure out monitor not working or OS not working properly. Is anyone can help? Thanks.
    aplaturkar Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jan 31, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Pl check the power settings by moving as : Start - control panel - power management. Make the settings as home - desk top PC. It will deffinately work.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Your PC is going into hibernation mode, so you have to find out how to get it out of hibernation. Usually Ctrl+Alt+Delete will do it. Sometimes just a press of the power button will do it.

Do what you first reply said to prevent it from going into hibernation.
    Jackone Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Thanks your help. I did change all power management setting. But I still get the same problem. The monitor is good, the problem is from the system. Are there anymore suggestion? Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Did you check for info on how to restore from hibernation?
    Steve_C Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Could you post the monitor specs.
    I have seen a similar problem where the monitor is being turned off and there isn't enough of a signal to wake it back up. Some monitors have a feature that allows hibernation switching. When your PC tells the monitor to go to sleep it does. However when your PC tells the monitor to wake up it doesn't cause the type of signal isn't what it is looking for. Also make sure You set the BIOS to not turn off the monitor. Mine has a feature for that and you can't get to it from within the os. Oh yea there is monitor software that came with your monitor. If you did not install the monitor drivers then you will get problems.

Steven C.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor not working "No Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Daewoo HL710S LCD Monitor that is Plug & Play and DDC 1, 2B (whatever that means) It works fine with a Dell computer running Windows 2000 Professional. I am now trying to hook it up to a Compaq Evo (D51S) that has Windows XP Professional All I get is a “No Signal” message on the...

Background Display stuck in "Stretch" [ 6 Answers ]

My WindowsXP Background will not display in Center or Tile modes. The screen is white. I read that .htm documents are displayed in this way (Stretch only) but don't know what I did so that all images only display in Stretch mode. System Restore is no help.

Monitor "standbying" after replacement of fans [ 6 Answers ]

This problem has been solved - solution at the bottom. My PC: Windows XP Home AMD 64 3000+ 1 GB RAM NVIDIA 6800 LE 128 MB Asus K8N motherboard - and I never clock ---------------

Can not open "Display" item on Control Panel HELP ! [ 2 Answers ]

When trying to open the "display" applet inside Control Panel I get a message stating that the system administrator has disabled the miniapp "video" on control panel. I am the administrator om my Windows XP computer and did not do this. Can anyone help me plesae ? Thanks : Mauro

Emulate a 14" display on a 17" monitor [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently changed my old 14" computer monitor to a new ViewSonic 17" (16" display) monitor. I design websites and I want to be able to emulate the *actual size* and resolution of a 14" monitor at 800x600 in my new monitor, to see what the rest of the net surfers see when viewing my pages. Is...

View more questions Search