Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spoiled Prince Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 04:13 PM
    I'm never good enough for my mom
    I've tried for years to make my mother like me, she nevr has, all I ask is why she doesn't? I have one other brother and he is a screw up in every sense of the word but she has favored him since I was little , he is 13 years older than me. When I was little my mom would look at me and I could see the hate she had for me in her eyes. My mom is the perfect stepford wife but I've always been the outcast of my family. :( . I love my mother very much but I just can't seem to see why she hates me so much I'm the honor student, the volunteer, I do all my chores, my room is always emaculent and I've never done a bad thing in my life. My mom treats me as if I was a leech that never deserves her time or love. I was actually presented an award last year in front of the whole school for best class president and I told my parents but they strugged it off they promised theyd be there but then my dad had to travel for work and then my mom didn't even show up, I was 17 and crushed. I just want to know if anyone else has a problem like this and even not please help me!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Parents are who they are, for 50 years I have never had the right job, never married the right girl, never treated her grandkids right.

If I fix her lights or mow her grass it is never right or someone else could have done it better,

Some people are just like that, If I had an answer how to fix it, I would tell you and would have done it years ago.

Besides merely loving them for who they are, thatis about all I can say
    SoAlone Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I don't think your mom hates you. She most likely loves you very much but is afraid to show affection. Maybe you should try sitting her down and talking to her about what you feel, and just tell her that you love her very much and you want her to be there for you and be a big part of your life.well I hope this helps.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2007, 06:30 PM
    I had the same situation you have now. My brother is 3 years older than me. For whatever reason, he was the one who won my parent's attention. They used to buy him things and were always there for him. I got the short end of the stick and was, like you, ignored. I pretty much took care of myself. My older brother is kind of a jerk. He has struggled his whole life and barely gets by. Me, I did struggle at times but learned early on to stand on my own two feet and I feel I have done very well in life. I know my parents loved me but they had a strange way of showing it. My father died 4 years ago. The last ten years of his life we did become friends in a way. He admitted to me that he made a mistake with me. He told me the reason that he paid so much attention to my brother, gave him money and whatever support he needed, was because he was the weaker one. He said he knew I was smart and felt I didn't need him as much. He said he didn't realize until years later how unfair he was to me by not encouraging me or giving me the attention he gave to my brother.

The point of this is that parents are human beings. They have flaws just like everyone else. They don't know everything and they don't realize that they are doing anything wrong. It doesn't mean that they don't love you. You parents just don't love you the way you want to be loved. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have talked to them and told them how I felt but I didn't. It might have been different. So, I agree with SoAlone that you need to ask your mother if she would sit down and speak with you. Let her know that it hurt you that she didn't show up for your award. Let her know that you need her to show you that your life is important to her and that you need her to pay attention to you and for you to be able to talk to her about things. Tell her you need to know that she loves you as much as you feel she loves your brother.

When you do that, come back this web site and let us know what happened.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell my mom [ 18 Answers ]

OK my mom doesn't know I have sex... and she will die if I tell her I'm pregnant and I can't tell her but I can't go to the docs anyway cause she is always always in the room with me.. and my doctor will tell her.. and when she gets the bill won't it say pregnancy test I really really need help!!...

Am I going to be a mom? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: OK I am so confused I use to take the pill and then I stopped and my boyfriend and I have used no protection and I have not had a period in over a month and I just don't know what to do? I mean I have all the signs but I have not found out for sure. What should I do?

Help for Mom [ 2 Answers ]

My family seems to be going in three different directions when it comes to religion. Both my parents are Jewish, so I was raised Jewish but was baptized into the Lutheran church about 6 months ago. My father has explained his belief as that "an intelligent life force created the universe and then...

Mom in need of help [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is to receive child support for her daughter. She was a high school senior and dropped out due to loss of family member. She has enrolled in corispondece classes via mail from a reputable university. My father feels he has no obligation to further pay child support, because my sister is...

Mom doesn't get it! [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: My Mother has always been overbearing, and outspoken. Lately, she uses advancing age as an excuse to say ANYTHING. She recently e-mailed a popular TV newscaster concerning the woman's weight. Mom noticed the always trim, health conscience reporter gained a significant amount of weight...

View more questions Search