Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cashmoney2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 10:29 AM
    I have child support case
    I have child support case. I was put on child support June of 2010 for my youngest of two kids at the time I was out of work and didn't have any income. I told the services and the judge and also informed them that I had an older child. I was ordered to pay the max and they disregarded my other child. So the other mother and myself decided to open another case think that they would split the money and I was ordered to pay another 200 dollars a month for that case. May I ad that now I work and when ordered to pay the second case I was making 8.30 an hour and they also went up on the first case 71 more dollars. Also on the second case it was ordered to begin July 1, but my job begin garnishment of 47.20 on June 1, I went to child support services and they told me I can't get it because it goes on my first case but they admitted to making a mistake. Now Im tired and want to no what it means to sign my rights over are can I do something else?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2011, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmoney2 View Post
    I have child support case. I was put on child support June of 2010 for my youngest of two kids at the time I was out of work and didnt have any income. I told the services and the judge and also informed them that I had an older child. I was ordered to pay the max and they disregarded my other child. So the other mother and myself decided to open another case think that they would split the money and I was ordered to pay another 200 dollars a month for that case. May I ad that now I work and when ordered to pay the second case I was making 8.30 an hour and they also went up on the first case 71 more dollars. Also on the second case it was ordered to begin July 1, but my job begin garnishment of 47.20 on June 1, I went to child support services and they told me I can't get it because it goes on my first case but they admited to making a mistake. Now Im tired and want to no what it means to sign my rights over are can I do something else?
    There is a sticky at the top of the Family Law forum regarding termination of parental rights. You can read it here. As noted in the sticky, even if you were successful in terminating your rights, that doesn't necessarily exempt you from having to pay child support.

I don't know what you mean by "I went to child support services and they told me I can't get it because it goes on my first case" - are you under the assumption that you overpaid child support somewhere between the two cases? Odds are you didn't and even if you did, child support would send you a reimbursement check - I know from first-hand experience.

As far as what you can "do" - keep your pants on and don't try to screw your youngest two children out of support by opening a new case for your oldest child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandoment charge on already child support case [ 11 Answers ]

I have an almost 4 year old son and about 6 weeks ago his father left to TX. Can I go to the courthouse and file abandoment charges so I can finally get child support or is that illegal?

How can I change jurisdiction in my child support case [ 1 Answers ]

I was divorced in Florida and in the divorce my child support was automatically put through the state. Since the divorce both my ex-husband and I have moved to Colorado. When I moved in 2006 I moved my child support case to child support enforcement in Colorado. They had me provide all documents...

Dropping A Back Child Support Case [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship. I filed a child support order when my son was young but neither I nor the father followed through with it. My child's father has never been in his life. My husband has been his father for 4 years now. My son's biological father understands this...

Proving my case for child support [ 8 Answers ]

Hello- I'm a single mom with a son. My son's father has 6 kids and is crying broke for the modification I filed for 1/2 child care and 1/2 prescription costs (my son has existing medical conditions). I can't afford a lawyer so I have to prove my case at trial. How the heck do I do that? I know...

Dismissed Child Support Case [ 9 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to a question I had. If a child support case is dismissed with out prejudice, is the child support still owed? I would appreciate any answers or any references any one has to help me find out. Thanks

View more questions Search