Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    napabluedevil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 09:56 AM
    Raised countertop support?
    I have a raised bar (counter top)that overlaps and is 5" above our island countertop. I am looking for 5" brushed stainless steel posts that will support the bar on the island counter top. The bar counter top is also supported on one end by a wall and the outside corner by a wooden post going to the floor (40 1/2 inches tall). We have been unable to find the stainless steel posts. Any source suggestions?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 12:53 PM

What diameter?
    Look in Home Depot or Lowe's in the shower curtain rods or the towel holder section. These will be tubes not rods but may serve your purpose. If you can only find polished stainless, you can give it the brushed look with a wire wheel on a grinder.

Only other suggestion would be a machine shop or metal working shop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I raised my child for the first 9 years without support do I have to pay support [ 1 Answers ]

I have raised my son for 9 years without any help from his father. If I send him to live with his father will I have to pay child support. I would think not because we would be even rite?

Raised bar countertop using posts [ 4 Answers ]

I will be having quartz (Dupont) countertops installed and want a raised bar countertop supported by metal posts that I purchased from IKEA for this purpose. I have several pictures showing this done and spoke w/the individual who installs these raised bar countertops using IKEA's Capita posts. He...

Raised countertop height [ 4 Answers ]

I am building a "pony wall" to have base cabinets butt up against. On the top of this pony wall I intend to have a raised countertop section. The wall will be constructed using 2x4's and both sides will be drywalled. I will use 3 corbels in this install of the raised countertop. Question is...

A reason Why CHild Support Should Be raised [ 8 Answers ]

I want an increase in child support. Its been two years and I have never asked for an increase. My daughter is 8 and she needs this and that and she eats like a pig. THe extra money to cover expenses would be nice. I filled the forms but I need a reason why? A cost ofliving but also food and...

Lease is being raised WAY TOO MUCH [ 20 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been living in his apartment complex in Texas for a year now.The people that had the complex when he got here were always helpful and very nice. Recently they got bought out by Harbor Groups. When my boyfriend asked the Manager for some help since they want to raise his rent by...

View more questions Search