Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lchvac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 11:20 AM
    Commercial hvac prices
    Is it possible to get a ball park price for the following size light commercial AC and HP systems - 7.5, 9.5, 12 and 19.5 tons (or around those size ranges) that meet ENERGY STAR.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2011, 09:48 AM
    Probably not, contact 3 companies and get bids. Prices fluctuate all over the country, based on brand, demand, access etc.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2011, 09:30 PM
    They average about $1,250-$1,500 per ton in Florida depending on the size of the duct work. Larger returns and more returns which will increase efficiency will add to the price, but the more returns you have and the bigger the filter area is (2 times footprint of inside unit is minimum, but most companies quote you on 1x filter grill size.)the better the unit will cool and filter air. Look more at what you are getting than the price because you will get what you pay for and saving a few dollars by having cheap duct work will cost you much, much more in energy. Also, make sure unit is where it can be washed out without causing water damage. You want a floor drain under unit because coils need to be washed out once a year to remove dirt and mold. Further, you should have large HEPA filters installed twice the area of the footprint of inside unit or more 3x is even better. Returns should be at each end of house and in some rooms to get best air exchange. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning prices [ 1 Answers ]

How do I calculate to know how much I am going to charge the customer monthly on my cleaning services

What is Pressurisation Unit used in HVAC system of any commercial place or in Offshor [ 1 Answers ]

What is pressurisation unit used in HVAC system of Building system and Offshore platforms

Reducing Cost of Commercial HVAC [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to reduce my church's utility bill. Our HVAC works in four zones of 1500 square feet each. Two of the zones are the sanctuary, two are offices. We get a bill for each. The sanctuary zones cost us around $250 each, the office zones $130. They keep the air on 68 except Saturday night...

View more questions Search