Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hteag Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
    91 honda accord. No fire to plugs
    I have a 91 honda accord with problems. Bought used, (maybe by several owners). Ran good for a few weeks. Problem seems to have started when starter went bad. Replaced that, coil and rotary button.(Coil later proved to have been good)! Starter works good, turns over well, but not starting.Getting no fire to the plugs.any help or sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2011, 07:31 AM

Replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) should solve the problem, provided the Check Engine Light comes on and goes out after 2 seconds when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II):

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Jun 14, 2011, 08:03 AM
    91 honda
    Where is the ICM located? And what would be a reasonable price?

Jun 14, 2011, 09:17 AM
    91 Honda dist. cap?
    Does this car have a Hitachi ot Toyo Denso dist. cap?
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2011, 09:18 AM

As the link explains, the ICM is located inside the distributor. After removing the rotor and leak cover, the ICM is inside (mounted on a heat sink).

$49.99 at AutoZone (JA179).
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2011, 09:25 AM

Don't know.

No need to keep opening a new thread.

Jun 19, 2011, 01:09 PM
    1991 Honda accord starting problems
    I have replaced, coil, rotary button, ICM. Still won't start.
    I did the K test with key in number two position and electrical connection disconnected from MAP. I got a low reading of a fraction of a volt. Which indicates according to to K test that the EMC is bad. I can't seem to find the EMC with 3-10mm bolts & one nut holding cover. I find a large cover about 8 X 12 with 4-10 mm nuts holding cover. Is that it? ( this is on passenger side, front seat, in front of seat, under carpet)
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2011, 01:23 PM

That should be it. Get an exact Honda part no. match.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Honda Accord Lx, has fuel, no fire new coil, what now? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 1993 Honda Accord Lx Stick, and it died about 2 weeks ago, after it sat for about 30 minutes it started again, we went to the parts store and they said it was to old to hook to the computer, but it souded like the fuel filter was bad, we replaced it (it wasn't good that's for sure) we...

95 civic with no fire to plugs [ 6 Answers ]

Help. I have a 95 civic that died the other day and since then I can not get any fire to the plugs. Also the check engine light does not come on at all. I have replaced the ICM,MAP, and now the ECM. I have tested everything in the distributor and it all test good. I tested the Ignition switch...

Replacing plugs & air filter in a '98 Honda Accord. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm looking to replace the plugs and air filter in my '98 Accord and I was wondering if I should just use stock parts. I was considering platinum-tip NGK plugs, but I don't know if they are worth the extra cost. Thanks! Stephon

93 nissan pathfinder not getting any fire to plugs [ 1 Answers ]

We have checked the timing belt, the timing itself, the coil, the ptu, the fuses and the fuel pump and they are all fine, still no fire to the spark plugs can any one help diagnose this problem. Thanks amguy

Unique 95 Honda Accord LX Wagon plugs foul out [ 3 Answers ]

I got a unique problem the plugs foul out all the time with oil ( I think? maybe coolant) but after a change of spark plugs it cranks first time every time. I've had this car in the shop many times. It went to a guy I was told was the best in town and I know is a good decent trustworthy guy,who...

View more questions Search