Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angjaw22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 10:24 AM
    Child Abondenment
    If a child doesn't follow specific instructions and consequently chooses not to come home for several nights, would a parent be considered as abandoning that child if the parent didn't do everything in their power to locate that child?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2011, 11:05 AM

A parent is responsible for a minor child. If the child does not let the parent know their whereabouts and the parent does not report the child as missing or a runaway, then they could be held accountable. It may not be considered abandonment, but it could result in legal troubles for the parent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2011, 11:06 AM

No, the child would be considered a run away perhaps But this is for from abandoment. Poor parenting perhaps.

Next what is your relationship, Do you want the child arrested ? Do you want a change in custody ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

View more questions Search