Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jannycakes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
    Can I sue the city hall for burying my ex in someone else's lot?
    We bought a lot to bury my daughters father when he passed away in Feb 2011; from the city hall, now 4 months later they are telling us they made a mistake and the lot he's buried in actually already belonged to someone else! how can we go about this?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 9, 2011, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannycakes View Post
    We bought a lot to bury my daughters father when he passed away in Feb 2011; from the city hall, now 4 months later they are telling us they made a mistake and the lot hes buried in actually already belonged to someone else!!how can we go about this?
    What does the city say they are going to do to remedy the situation? One solution that comes to mind, if it is acceptable to you and the owner of the other lot, is simply switch ownership of the lots.

Does the particular lot really matter to you? Why?

If it does matter, and if you insist on having the lot you paid for, or if the other owner so insists, I suppose the city would have to dig up the body and re-bury it.
    Jannycakes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    Well right now, apparently the "true owner" of the lot has 24 lots all together! And ours is just one of them. The city hall just said they would move it somewhere else, because the true owners don't want to give it up. Even though they have 24 other lots, and it was the mistake of the city. Apparently they had checked while we were in the process of buying it, and it was available... NOT!! We asked that if they are going to move him, that they give us an extra lot for their mistake and they said no. WE haven't signed any papers, we are waiting to see what our lawyers says first.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 9, 2011, 11:08 AM
    ... The city hall just said they would move it somewhere else, because the true owners dont want to give it up. ...
    Seems fair enough.

... We asked that if they are going to move him, that they give us an extra lot for their mistake and they said no. WE havent signed any papers, we are waiting to see what our lawyers says first.
    I would tend to agree with the city. If they re-bury the body at their expense, how are you damaged?

But if your lawyers can talk them into it, more power to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hit a pot hole, is it possible to sue the city for damages? [ 18 Answers ]

I hit a bad pot hole on my way home from work. I know am looking at a bill of over 700 for the new tire, rim, tire rod and alignment. Can I sue the city for damages?

What is the ny city requierement for rental hall [ 0 Answers ]

I have a big space in a building located in the bronx ny. And I am planing on rent this for special gathering.My problem is that I don't know how legal can this be. Please help

Can I get married at Chicago's City Hall on a Sunday [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get married at the City Hall on a Sunday?

How much to geet married in city hall in chicago [ 1 Answers ]

What is the full price to get married in chicago city hall

View more questions Search