Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illgreenthumb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Repair for large pecan trees with holes in tree trunk base
    Two very old pecan trees have a large hole indented in the trunk base. There ae several dead branches at the top. We've had severely cold winters and with extended freezes and extremely hot summers in north Florida in the past 2-3 years. We water the yard, but have drought conditions during the summer months and have a deficit in the normal rain levels and have for numerous years. At times high winds, lightning and thunderstorms cause the loss of large limbs. These trees are unevenly weighted with limbs around the trees. Both are in places that if they fell would damage either our house, the neighbors garage or other landscaping trees or shrubs and fencing. Is it possible to repair the holes and strengthen the trees or should they be removed professionally?

Check out some similar questions!

Maple tree - repair of hole in trunk [ 26 Answers ]

My Manitoba maple tree has a trunk about seven feet high, at which point it splits into three limbs extending upwards. At the point where it splits there is a large bowllike hole (filled with mushy rot). Can this tree be repaired by filling this cavity with something like cement or asphalt?

Repair of hole in large tree trunk [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in deep south Texas. I have read several comments about using Rocktite expanding cement and asphalt for filling/repairing holes in trees. I have an Ash tree with several trunks that has started with a hole from where a limb had been cut off. It is about 8" x 12" and has a colony of...

Oak tree hollow trunk & limb repair [ 2 Answers ]

I have several Oak trees with a hollow spot that might cause it to break and fall. These trees are in an area around my house that are key locations one being the main shade over my deck. Removal is going to be my last resort. Has anyone had success repiring a problem like this? Thanks.

How to repair large hole in tree trunck [ 2 Answers ]

How do I repair a large hole in an Oak tree trunk? Do I fill it with something or just leave nature to heal its self? I would hate to lose the tree. It appears to be have been done by a woodpecker. A very large, deep hole about 6 inches tall by 3 wide. About 8 foot off the ground. Thanks...

Woodpecker making holes in my Pecan tree [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house with 2 Pecan tree and there is now a woodpecker making lots of holes in one of them. My question. Can a woodpecker kill or hurt a pecan tree.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.