Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LRClemons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 06:51 AM
    Can a Bank be held responsible for the money they are to protect if warned
    Wachovia Bank in Atlanta Ga was given $225,000.00 in Aug 2009 from a Medical settlement and then in Oct 2009 they were contacted to close the accounts due to too much money being missing. The owner wanted an accounting of the money , but the money was going out faster than it could be accounted for. By Dec 2009, every dime was missing and the bank took no responsibility for it. Even when asked to close the account prior to the money being missing, they refushed and gave the excuse that the money could not be put back into the account if it was closed. SO therefor. I lost my home, my car and my medical settlement with all the medication etc. What do I do. I have written letters to all the proper chanels and it seems that the bank is going to get away with a quarter of a million dollars scott free. How is this fair? I contacted them and did all I could to stop this.
    Someone Please tell me what I can do? I have all documentation on the matter.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 07:04 AM

What has your attorney advised you about this?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LRClemons View Post
    ... The owner wanted an accounting of the money , but ... SO therefor. I lost my home, my car and my medical settlement ...
    Your wording is slightly strange. Are you "the owner" who wanted the accounting?

Do you have any idea where this money went? Did you withdraw it or did someone else take it?

As J_9 is suggesting I think, for this large amount of money, assuming the money was yours, it should be easy to find any number of attorneys willing to take your case on a contingent fee basis.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Your wording is slightly strange. Are you "the owner" who wanted the accounting?

Do you have any idea where this money went? Did you withdraw it or did someone else take it?

As J_9 is suggesting I think, for this large amount of money, assuming the money was yours, it should be easy to find any number of attorneys willing to take your case on a contingent fee basis.
    Considering this was a quarter of a million dollar medical settlement, apparently the OP had an attorney handling the medical suit. Was some of the money taken to pay the attorney? Had you ever had a judgment against you?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2011, 08:55 AM

I agree - with the wording as it is I cannot be sure who "owned" the account, who opened it, who controlled it.

If it's a settlement controlled by an Attorney or third party go to Court and demand an accounting.

Or is the allegation that the bank took the money?

Or something else?

And the OP lost medication due to this?

Is there a competency issue?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be held responsible for health costs [ 1 Answers ]

I was dog sitting when the dog jumped my fence. The owner said the dog does that often at his house but comes back so there is a pattern. I was in the yard with 3 dogs the dog who ran away was around the corner I went to make sure she was in the yard and she was not! I put my dogs inside and ran to...

The icici bank account held by my father and me jointly has been held. What to do [ 7 Answers ]

My father and I have a joint account in icici bank. All the money in the account is of my father. I had defaulted in icici credit card. The icici bank has held the account. What my father can do?

Can husband be held responsible? [ 3 Answers ]

If I pled guilty in criminal court for embezzlement and now being sued in civil court, will my husband be responsible? Will they take our home?

The affair is over am I being held responsible or paranoid? [ 3 Answers ]

First of all I have to say thank you to the many who have helped me so far with coping with my problem. I really appreciate this. For those who don't know my story it is that my husband had an emotional affair with his first ever girlfriend from 20+ years ago. This led to him saying that our...

Judgement with my bank account what happens to the money held? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me for an old medical bill, they froze my account and took the money out, if I pay them in full does that money that was froze get put back into my account?

View more questions Search