Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mefeiner2003's Avatar
    mefeiner2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 15, 2003, 12:09 PM
    My question is this. I have a green card :o , if I marry someone who has no papers will they become legal in the US, or am I going to screw my residency. I anyone can answer this Id appreciate it, as its so damn expensive to ask this question ?
    jande34808's Avatar
    jande34808 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 5, 2004, 10:53 PM
    If you marry someone with no papers,that person can take his chances and work with false documents and be deported if caught. Or you can marry and immediately file papers to make him legal.Be careful,if the person has a criminal history they cannot become legal.After marriage the only thing that will hold him back from becoming legal is a criminal background. Go to BCIS website and have your question answered by INS. Hope this helps. God Bless !
    flashbakx's Avatar
    flashbakx Posts: 10, Reputation: 2
    New Member

    Feb 6, 2006, 07:17 AM
    You have to send a petition to the uscis I-129 . Once approved they will send the papers your partner in there home country. They can only apply at the us embassy in there country. I wouldn't take the chance of doing it illegally. If you get caught they may be permanently banned from entering the United States.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Us immigration [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir; My sister is a us citizen she sent immigration forms to his parents forms contains petions,Affidatives and other types of forms. I want to know which types of forms my parents filled she sents me I-485,Life Legalization form,I-693,G-325A, I-690,Affidavite of Support Under Section 213A...

Immigration [ 3 Answers ]

Is immigration a domestic policy?

Immigration [ 1 Answers ]

What is the way to immigrate to grenada island in the carribian? [email protected]

You.s. Immigration [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a permanent visa for immigrants who are financially secure but are not seeking employment or starting a business.

View more questions Search