Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elclayton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Violent downshift at high altitude.
    What would cause a 1996 Ford Windstar that I purchased In 1998 to regularly downshift violently at 6000 feet, but show no symptoms at 1000 feet altitude. This occurs primarily when slowing to make a turn and then stepping on the gas? It has done this for all the years I have owned it.

Check out some similar questions!

The altitude [ 1 Answers ]

The altitude to the base of an isoceler triangle is 8. if the perimeter of the triangle is 32.find the area of the triangle

Auto transmission will not downshift in pontiac sunfire 3 speed transmission [ 0 Answers ]

My car Pontiac Sunfire with a 3 speed automatic transmission will not downshift. I already replaced and adjusted the shift cable. It upshifts with no problem and will go as fast as I give it gas. What could the problem be? Thanks!

When Baking, is "High Altitude" Considered to be from Sea Level or Ground Level? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, All! The title is my basic question. I see this a lot on the packages of things that we might bake about options to use if we would like what we might bake to be a certain way according to whether we're baking at a high altitude or not. Where I live, we're over 5,000 feet above sea...

1998 honda accord sluggish downshift [ 1 Answers ]

My 98 Honda Accord does not downshift to first gear completely if I stop the car and continue to drive again almost right away. It would cause my car to jerk when I accelerate again. But if I stop the car for at least 15 seconds and then accelerate, then there is no problem. Is my transmission...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.