Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gowerx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2011, 08:22 AM
    My girlfriend said she wants a break?
    I've been with my girlfriend for 9 month, she said she loves me and I love her, she went on holiday last week for 7 days with 2 friends and when she got back she told me how much she missed me and how much she loves me. The day after it was my birthday, we spend the day together and it was amazing. She slept my house yesterday everything seemed fine until she was texting her friend from the holiday, and every time she got a text she was acting like she didn't want me to see what she was texting, and was acting abit suspicious, so I asked her about it and she said nothing was wrong so I left it at that. Then today when she went home a few hours later I got a text saying she loves me and I mean the world to her but she just needs a break, she said she doesn't know what is wrong with her but she said don't ring her she'll speak to me soon, she's told me I've not done anything and won't tell me where this has come from. In my mind I think its something to do with the holiday, but I'm not entierly sure, where still in a relationship on Facebook and she hasn't told anyone that where on a break, so what does this mean? I really want her back, I've not rang or text her since the text and I'm not going to until she speaks to me, any ideas?
    Jwr5885 Posts: 20, Reputation: 10

May 26, 2011, 09:17 PM
    Man that's rough. Tough call it could be just that she really does need space or she met someone else while she was away. The fact that she was acting weird points more to the latter. I would do what you have been doing and give her space and see where it goes. When you do talk I would ask her if she is seeing anyone and listen to her response if it comes with hesitation and anger chances are she is but see there is a song that states what you do on your own time is fine my imagination is much worse. See I have that problem too where I over analyze things and always think the worst. But give her time her actions will speak for themselves.
    fadedjade Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2011, 10:46 AM
    Sounds tricky... is she still being distant?

It could be that while she was on the holiday she felt more independent in a way and thought that being in a relationship is making her forget who she is while she's not with you... sounds very confusing I know but girls are strange creatures sometimes..
    It could just be a case of you both having to spend a bit of time apart as in you going out with your friends and her going out with hers.

If the silence lasts for a long time I would ring her, not text just because it's a little impersonal and if you guys have been together for 9 months I'm sure you comfortable enough to talk on the phone. Don't act desperate or anything :) just ask her how she is and what she's been up to, tell her what you;ve been doing, you know a normal conversation. And ask to meet up for a drink.. make sure you tell her it can just be friendly if she wants it to be. Don't push the topic but tell her how you still feel and ask her if there's still something there.. if she needs time answering give her time but let her know that leaving you hanging for weeks on end is not something nice girls should do.

Good luck! And I hope everything works out for you
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 28, 2011, 10:56 AM

When a partner asks for a break, you always ask them what do they mean by a break. Then you won't be confused, and know how to act accordingly. Ask her what she is talking about, what she means by a break.

Its good you have left her alone, and given her that break, but get out and do your thing, and see this as a break up, as its not fair to wait for the break to be over, when you don't know when its over.

Me, I disappear, as when they give you the line about being friends and hanging out, no matter what the Facebook says, then they are up to something, or else they would be very specific with this break crap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend wants a break [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years says she wants a break. I tried to be understanding and gave her the break she wanted. She says she is stressed and tired all of the time. Her job is stressful because she works at a daycare. But she says she loves her job. We both still live at home and are both...

My girlfriend wants to take a break [ 14 Answers ]

OK my girlfriend (19) and I(21) have been dating for 4 years we live together and recently we got into a big fight (weve been fighting a lot lately) and she went out and had sex with another guy the next day she came home and broke up with me said she needed space because she we have been dating...

Should I break up with my girlfriend? [ 14 Answers ]

This is going to be long, so I apologize in advance. Okay, I'm a 17 year old guy who is dating a 15 year old girl. I feel very affectionate towards her and everything. I love being around her and I can spend hours with her and it feels like minutes. We talk on the phone every day and every...

What to do? Should I break up with my girlfriend? [ 7 Answers ]

Where to start because there is kind of a lot and I've been venting to my friends lately about the most recent things. Well OK, here goes. I started dating this girl almost three months ago (so not that long, my previous two relationships, one which ended a few weeks before we got together, were 9...

My girlfriend wants a break. [ 11 Answers ]

I know this is a common problem: my girlfriend wants a break. We've been dating for almost two years and she has always told that I am the best thing that has ever happened to her. Which is why this situation is so confusing. And you need to know that this is the longest relationship either one...

View more questions Search